Negative Feedback threat

Buyer bid on and won 14 items. They requested combined shipping - even though there were set shipping costs per item. I had no problem combining shipping and instead of the 200+ costs in shipping, offered a $65.00 option. The buyer then began threatening to leave bad feedback if the shipping wasn't further reduced to 40.00. They have since inferred that they will make a claim that the item is not as described when they receive it and refused to cancel the order. They have paid, but again repeated that they expect a substantial refund for lower shipping and intend to leave negative feedback. I am now receiving messages detailing how the items should be packed to reduce shipping. I need the harassment to stop and want to cancel the order as I have no doubt that negative feedback will be left and a claim for the full amount will be entered. Added to this I am heading out on vacation in the next 24 hours and am unable to address complaints raised by this user. The user has refused to cancel the order and now paid via paypal however with the caveat that they intend to request a refund. Since they refused to cancel the order through ebay's system I seem to be stuck, but I don't want to throw away 400+ dollars in merchandise to this situation. I have told the buyer I will happily refund their purchase and they have messaged that they will then demand the items regardless, as I am violating their rights demonstrated by their payment. I don't care about the ebay or paypal fees, I want this buyer off my back and to stop emailing me.
Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Negative Feedback threat

I could therefore simply close this account (after my ebay fees are paid of course) and restart with a new account? 

You don't have to close any accounts.

We can all have several accounts. I have seven myself.

Some members use one account for buying another for selling and yet another for posting.

Or two selling accounts for different product lines (like bibles and sexy lingerie). (Although I do find a lot of copies of Lolita and Lady Chatterly at Baptist rummage sales.)

Message 21 of 21
latest reply