Negative feedback for non paying bidders

tkheatrocks
Community Member

Do anybody feel that the negative feeback feature should put back in place for non paying bidders?

Message 1 of 85
latest reply
84 REPLIES 84

This is what i sent to e-bay after i recieving another item not recieved, that's 5 in a row!!! and far to may unpaid items.

It's not going to change my position. I must protect my business by stopping all shipping outside Canada. I talked to other sellers in my field, it is becoming an epidemic.You are perfectly aware of what's going on and yet you seem perfectly content to let the buyers pay the price for your bad policies.

As i previously mentioned, having a tracking # doesn't do any good when you let the buyers change there reason to "not as described". We are in a lose lose situation. When i see a buyer with 100% feedback, it doesn't mean anything to me. Before we could see bad buyers with there feedback, now we cant.

As a seller i must be able to issue negative feedback to non paying bidders.

In hard economic times people that are hard up for money find ways to steal and it is happening on e-bay.

E-bay, you are now out of touch with the e-commerce economic situation, unless you adjust quickly, matters will only get worst.

The only way to keep everyone honest is to allow both sellers and buyers to issue negative feedback.

E-Bid and I-Offer does it and it works.

KEEP EVERYONE HONEST
BRING BACK ISSUANCE OF NEGATIVE FEEDBACK BOTH WAYS

Message 41 of 85
latest reply

I just had this happen to me.

I sold an item for $850.. the buyer then contacted me off ebay and said that they'd give me $400 for it.  I refused and cancelled the transaction.  then they gave me negative feedback.

what's up with that?

Message 42 of 85
latest reply

It's called "feedback extortion".  Give me the product for half price and I won't leave negative feedback.  Of course if they did it through eBay messaging and clearly stated that they would leave you negative feedback unless you complied then eBay would remove it.  This way you can't prove it.  I think I would have told the buyer that I only communicate through eBay messaging but that still wouldn't necessarily prevent a neg, especially when they try to disguise it in their wording.

I have a negative from a buyer who contacted me saying that my "ad" said shipping was free and that when he paid he was charged for shipping.  I wrote & explained that the shipping in my "listing" was not free nor could I change it to add S/H after he made the purchase.  He wouldn't answer my questions regarding whether or not he was viewing the listing on .ca or .com.  I do ship some items free within Canada but he was in the U.S.  Because I didn't refund his shipping he left a neg.  Feedback extortion in disguise.  I couldn't return the negative but I did leave follow-up feedback to the positive FB I gave him upon receipt of payment to let others know what he is doing.

Message 43 of 85
latest reply

sellgta-net

emails can be used as proof if you send them to PayPal with the email full headers shown. This gives unique information on where the email came from and who it was sent to.

If you call PayPal to reopen the case and forward them the feedback extortion emails with headers, you might win you case of feedback extortion.

Message 44 of 85
latest reply

There is NO equitable systen in plave for bioth buyers and sellers - period!

I've just had 2 people not pay for items.

What's the choice - none!

I have to:

1. Send 4 e-mails and  an invoice.

2. Wait 4 days.

3. Open a "case"

I cannot write anything anymore in the case, such as:

i. Sent invoice

ii. Sent 4 E-Mails

iii. No replies at all

iv. Telephone number is no longer in service

v. Reverse address search does not have buyer's

address

vi. Buyer has "stiffed" another seller

4. Wait 4 more days to the second, since if I accidently press:

Take action > close case by early 1 lousy second, E-Bay will keep the fees that they already have added to my

invoice even when I have not been bpaid, nor will I be

paid!

E-Bay is a company that we, as sellers use, and is

mutually benefial to  both E-Bay and us. However, E-Bay

has foresaken any effort to care about sellers, aand has

been motivted more by profit.

Just look at all the pelies to this initial post, and still nothing

has happened.!

Message 45 of 85
latest reply

There is NO equitable system in place for both buyers and sellers - period!

I've just had 2 people not pay for items.

What's the choice - none!

I have to:

1. Send 4 e-mails and  an invoice.

2. Wait 4 days.

3. Open a "case"

I cannot write anything anymore in the case, such as:

i. Sent invoice

ii. Sent 4 E-Mails

iii. No replies at all

iv. Telephone number is no longer in service

v. Reverse address search does not have buyer's

address

vi. Buyer has "stiffed" another seller

4. Wait 4 more days to the second, since if I accidently press:

Take action > close case by early 1 lousy second, E-Bay will keep the fees that they already have added to my

invoice even when I have not been paid, nor will I be

paid!

E-Bay is a company that we, as sellers use, and is

mutually benefial to  both E-Bay and us. However, E-Bay

has foresaken any effort to care about sellers, and has

been motivated more by profit.

Just look at all the relies to this initial post, and still nothing

has happened.!

Message 46 of 85
latest reply

You should report the case to E-Bay, not that they''ll do anything!

I had soemone win an item, then send me a nasty e-mail accusing me of being a fraudster.

I phoned the person to say that the item was real, but I would gladly cancel the sale, since he had not paid me.

What happened?

He was allowed to post a "neutral" but inflammatory remark

(in my opinion). It took me 3 years to finally have this "stain" removed from my 100% positive feedback.

I phoned E-Bay about 10 times, and all I got from the customer "lack-of-support" perople, was that "the buyer was allowed to

post.

What "buyer"?

He never paid for the item, and I had to cancel the sale!

Message 47 of 85
latest reply

amxhornet77
Community Member

I had a buyer bid on my item and win it, 2 days later he said i dont need it, then i dont have money, Ok so being a nice guy i let him off with it and tell tell ebay so i can get my final fees back, i message the guy to tell him to respond back to ebay so i can get my final fees back and move on. But he never responds and i have to wait till the end to get my final fees back. I cant give the guy a neg feedback as a non payer and i lost 2 weeks of auction for my item so that's what i get for being a nice guy? 

Message 48 of 85
latest reply

ron32tl
Community Member

non payment is a growing trend, i have had 17 "non payments/ were is my item" cases this year. i had maybe 2 a year before this year. Its getting out of hand. i had to change all my shipping to air mail cause people cant wait more that 10 days for a item to ship half way across the world and ebay lets them file claim. They should have a min amount of time you can claim depending on how shipped and from where. They have to slow down this trend of buying and not paying especially when its auction. I had a guy bid 4 times and then won and now wont pay. Before I thought ebay was the greatest place to sell some items, but its slowly changing. 

Message 49 of 85
latest reply

Never, ever ship overseas via Surface. You are doing the right thinng by shipping via Air. Avoids a lot of hassle.

File an UID for the non-payers. You will receive your FVFs back & the buyer receives a strike.

Frustrating yes, but we have all experienced the same frustrations.

Always remember we have a lot more great buyers than we do clowns. Unfortunately clowns take up a lot of our energy but only for a short time.

Message 50 of 85
latest reply

matt68510
Community Member

There is no system in place if a buyer decides to not pay. The only thing to happen is you (the seller) has to wait 30 days, then you get your listing fee back!.....................OOOOOOOO Scary !

Message 51 of 85
latest reply

matt68510
Community Member

I always ship trackable and insured . With Canada Post its usually only a few dollars more.

Message 52 of 85
latest reply

matt68510
Community Member

I totally agree. Last month I had 5 non paying bidders, and they don't answer emails, and they have caller id and don't answer the phone !

Message 53 of 85
latest reply

Seems to be happening a lot again lately.

Frustrating as some items have very high bids at end of an auction.

I don't even get frustrated any longer. I just find that NPB are a fact of life on eBay.

Message 54 of 85
latest reply

The only thing to happen is you (the seller) has to wait 30 days, then you get your listing fee back!.....................OOOOOOOO Scary !

Well, you can start the Unpaid Item case 4 days (96 hours) after the end of the listing.

You won't see the fee refund until your next invoice, but then you would not be charged the fee until your next invoice either. So that's pretty much a wash. 

Since the invoicing goes by the calendar, and is not a running total (that is, all your November fees are on the invoice you receive in December) the refund could be 30 days or 24 hours. 

Message 55 of 85
latest reply

Please show Strikes. It's the only way to make the buyers think twice before they buy/bid. I had 4/4 not pay or communicate with me two weeks ago and I've had it.  As far as I'm concerned Buyers have all the rights and Sellers have nothing. Yet we pay the fees... Something needs to change..

Message 56 of 85
latest reply

"As far as I'm concerned Buyers have all the rights and Sellers have nothing"

That is correct and it is the way it should be.

Business 101: The customer is always right.

Message 57 of 85
latest reply

Isn't this pretty much a problem of the past?

I thought I saw that buyers will now have to pay immediately for BIN items or it's not really sold.

Be Careful What You Wish For!!!!

Message 58 of 85
latest reply

Personally doesn't matter to me because The only reason I leave Negative feedback is if someone is very ignorant to me other then that I have never left a low DSR or Neg ...

Message 59 of 85
latest reply

still-here:  Not to my knowledge. Those of us who sell at Fixed Price have been able to set our Seller Preferences to "must have Paypal account" and "immediate payment required" but while any seller can use the former, even if we are willing to accept other forms of payment this is a method of controlling for newbie impulse buyers, immediate payment doesn't work well for auctions.

Message 60 of 85
latest reply