New Pricing for Canada Post - Cda/US/Intl

mevans_cda
Community Member
I've scanned 3 pages of the new pricing brochure that may interest - Canada, USA & Intl. Its also available at the post office (our local one had it yesterday). Please right click on the pics you want and grab a copy for yourselves. I'll erase them shortly to save webspace and data transfer limits, after that email me for copies.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

muminlaw
Community Member
Thanks for posting that! Now at least we can figure the changes we'll have to make to our auction TOS ...

Glenda

Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

deltone
Community Member
THANKS VERY MUCH for this Mevans. MUCH appreciated!!!

deb
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

aabros
Community Member
yuck: $11.40 for a small packet air.
That's a $1.50 more... will have to adjust my shipping rates now... argh!
Message 4 of 18
latest reply

mevans_cda
Community Member
Your welcome 🐵

I asked my post office for the new prices about a week ago and they still didn't have it at that point. It was cutting it close for me. I accept cheques so by the time they arrive and clear (especially US ones) I would be out some money. I saw someone had spoken to their CP rep and posted the new rates a while back so I started raising my shipping prices about a week ago but its good to have the official word in writing from CP.

I overheard one of the clerks in my post office telling a customer before Christmas that they had no more .48 stamps so they would have to buy the .49 ones - they tried it with me yesterday but I send a fair bit of lettermail so I told them to print off the white postage stickers. I was not impressed they basically raised their prices a month before the price increase takes effect.
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

aabros
Community Member
ok but does anyone know if there will be a tracking # on the airmail small parcels? thanks
Message 6 of 18
latest reply

mahsauction
Community Member
It's interesting to note on the US Letterpost options, that Registered mail is not available for small packet and small packet now includes insurance.
Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Thanks muchly for posting the new info.
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

gloriaguides
Community Member
I've been looking for this information. Thank you SO MUCH for sharing it! Increases are generally not SO bad, but I will have to change a few things!
Message 9 of 18
latest reply

itrecovery
Community Member
Thank you!
Message 10 of 18
latest reply

muminlaw
Community Member
Hmmmmmmm ... I see that Registered Mail to the US is now only $100 of coverage (Cdn $ obviously!) with no option to add more insurance - could cause some problems! I wonder if that means that some letter-mail will have to be padded to go as small packet in order to insure them for more?

Glenda

Glenda

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

muminlaw
Community Member
Oops -- looks like $100 is the max for small packet as well. Bummer!!!

Glenda

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

www-labels4less-com
Community Member
Now the big question is....Is it better to raise the shipping charges in one's TOS or to raise the selling/starting price!?! Age old question.
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

aabros
Community Member
higher shipping charges listed in your shipping terms would do 😉
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

i-have-a-deal!
Community Member
You've GOT to get the cp Electronic shipping tools. It makes it extremely simple. Updates daily, electronic notifications of fee changes, one button tracking (a bit tedious, though), emails to the buyer - if traceable, rate shopper within Canada etc. It's free - and they will give you free label pouches to stick on the parcel. You need to set up an account, but powersellers don't have a problem, and you can now pay your shipping via credit card, so paypal even works here! You get a shipping discount, no lines at the p/o, just drop your parcels off - or if in a larger center, have them pick them up....
Message 15 of 18
latest reply

mevans_cda
Community Member
I think most of us are already using the OST for parcels ;o)
Message 16 of 18
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
i-have-a-deal!

You forgot to add one more thing !!!!!

The online CP Electronic shipping tool has hidden brokerage fees in all Ground shipments over 1kg to the USA

If you want to pay 1 to 2 dollars more for your items to be shipped ground USA. Yes then the program is great
Message 17 of 18
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
otherwise shipping ground USA and writing the manifest is cheaper and often faster
Message 18 of 18
latest reply