No more e-Check cleared notifications ...

Seems PayPal does not send these anymore, nor does it show the clearing date, only payment date.

Yesterday I had e-check sent on 17th. PayPal shown "Uncleared" and "Do not ship". Today it's showing "Cleared" and date of payment is 17th. Nothing about clearing.

Luckily, eBay is showing payment on Oct-17, but Payment Date on Oct-21.
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I know I had a few that I had to check every once in while not very practical. I don't understand why they stop informing sellers.

Frederic
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Thanks for the heads up. I have only had one echeck and to be honest did not notice if they notified me or not as I check Selling Manager daily, but like you the packaging slip I printed out showed the payment day as the day the payment was made and not the day it cleared.
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

My guy was harassing me how come I did not ship it yet. Most buyers don't know what e-check is and that it needs time to clear. PayPal is wreaking havoc on our DSRs now.
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

> My guy was harassing me how come I did not ship it yet. Most buyers don't know what e-check is and that it needs time to clear. PayPal is wreaking havoc on our DSRs now.

I agree. It's so frustrating to be powerless and at the mercy of policy makers who dictate what standards we have to live up to but who throw us curve balls on a continuous basis. We do have the power to better our customer satisfaction if it needs to be bettered but we have no control over situations like these other than to take the extra time consuming step of letting the buyer know their echeck cleared on x date and was going out on x date...and that's only if we saw the curve ball on time.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

And then there are the times when a payment clears and does not show as paid.

I haven't experienced that lately but it has happened in the past.
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

We ship on un-cleared e-cheques as it makes no difference.

You could have a confirmed instant payment, where the buyer has the funds taken from his/her account and, if there are no funds available, PP will charge you back. So much for "Confirmed - You can ship".

Bernie
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I ship uncleared e-check items as well, especially the cheap, under 20 dollars stuff.
Too bad we can't rate Paypal with similar ramifications as when our buyers rate us.

AXE
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I shipped $50 order on uncleared e-check few years ago. The guy was very friendly, emailing with me back and forth. Then the e-echeck bounced and guy stopped responding, never heard from him since.

To give him some credit, he may have died, because his feedback to me and my negs to him were last feedback he received on eBay and he is NARU now.

Since then we had several bounced e-checks, some never contacted me back, some paid later on. Even a long-time customer's e-check bounced, then he changed his mind and cancelled. I fully understand, people sometimes do not manage their finances well and then they regret their unnecessary hobby purchases.

Bernie says that even non-echeck can bounce. Well, this never happened so far, except charge-back.

Back to the original issue - concealing clearing date before the buyer is not very nice thing to do.
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I also don't wait for echeques to clear.
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

And then there are the times when a payment clears and does not show as paid.

That's been going on for a while now.

I always make it a practice now to check my Paypal account before I open a UID.

I opened a UID on a guy that has paid within minutes one time.

Apologize, Grovel. Apologize and Grovel again.

Got away with it, but it was a near thing - he was pretty mad and I couldn't blame him one bit.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I check my paypal account daily but it really ticks me off when someone pays with an e-check 6 days after the auction then it takes another 7 days to clear.

why can't we leave neg feedback for that kind of action?? oh yeah, cuz ebay has asked us to bend over and take it for the team.
Message 12 of 12
latest reply