Non-Payer Increase

umax27
Community Member
Does anyone else notice a large increase in non-paying buyers? It seems like 10% - 20% of buyers are non-payers. I'm concerned sending negative feedback will result in receiving the same in retaliation. I have been registering non-payers with eBay. Any suggestions or comments?
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Non-Payer Increase

mahsauction
Community Member
I've been getting them like flies to honey this month. Sept. was just awesome not one, but this month has been horrid.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Non-Payer Increase

itrecovery
Community Member
I have same 7-10% rate of dead bidders. With 'newbies' it can reach 50%, they also very mean with feedback as they do not care anmd always fight back.

It should get worse with holidays season approaching.

God bless other 90%.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Non-Payer Increase

ospreylinks
Community Member
I find about 5% of our auctions are completed by none paying bidders and this is a constant.

Also, I hate to say this, but I find that most of my none paying customers are Canadians.....

Jeff
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Non-Payer Increase

treasure-pot
Community Member
Same here Jeff.

In total numbers I still get more NPB's from south of the border but in terms of percentages I get almost double Canadians that don't pay. It's frustrating.

Bill

Bill

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Non-Payer Increase

brownboxit
Community Member
The summer time was particularly brutal - but it was better in sept/oct.

Must have popped at least 10 bidders to NARU this summer from too many NPB's

I think this reminder on login feature ebay put in may be a good thing
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Non-Payer Increase

treasure-pot
Community Member
Ahhh, summertime... warm breezes... cool drinks... and an abundance of sport bidders.

People really need to get something for their kids to do during the summers. Didn't they once go to camp, or something??

I had a huge increase in NPB's this last summer. Unfortunately, a lot of the kids must be skipping school right now because there seems to be a huge increase in the number of NPB's now, as well.

Are they Xmas shopping for things they will never buy?

Bill

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Non-Payer Increase

Nov has been brutal for my business.
It would appear that newbies EBAYERS with 0 RATING are doing it to me. I have only left 2 negs, just report to ebay. All I can do.
On auctions that are priced higher than usual, I state that ebayers with 0 rating must contact me before bidding.

I even had a 0 rating guy email me his proof of money order. That was really nice of him.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Non-Payer Increase

fashion-files74
Community Member
My non-paying bidders are typically Americans. I find that my Canadian buyers pay promptly.

I was thinking of stating in my auctions that people with 0 feedback will have to email prior to bidding. I'm sure that will go unoticed though. I have actually cancelled bids with bidders that have feedback in the negatives (-1) etc... and then block them. I don't need to hastle of chasing them for a payment that I will likely not receive.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply