Offer accepted but terms not met

Hi, I made an offer on a product for the price they wanted, but included faster shipping in my offer. It was accepted but the same shipping time given when paid for and shipped. What can I do? How do I contact eBay about this as it really is a breech of our agreement.
Thanks!
Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

@anthony0373 wrote:
Shipping included

In other words, "Free Shipping".  "Free Shipping" means "Shipping included", as in included in the listed price of the item since there is no way anyone can mail anything really for free.  Pretty well all listings have "shipping included" somewhere in the listing itself because without including a shipping fee it gets very little visibility. 

It sounds like you just wanted your seller to get it in the mail faster because you did not specify any kind of faster service.

You don't say what the item is or what country it is in but you can see from the postal service links what a speedier service upgrade would cost.  Try it yourself just with Canada Post and if you were mailing the item across Canada:

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

Bicycle bells from china
Message 22 of 26
latest reply

@anthony0373 wrote:
Bicycle bells from china

Thank you, that's more like it.  🙂   China can send items through the mail really cheap because they usually come Surface which you are right is really slow.  Like 2 or 3 months slow sometimes.  To use a faster airmail service from China, however, would cost at least $40.  They don't have a "slightly" faster service for just a "wee bit" more. 

Then there is the language issue.  It is unlikely the seller knew what you meant, probably thinking you meant "please get this in the mail right away".  That would make more sense to a seller rather than think you meant "my offer depends on an upgraded courier service to Canada". 

When buying from China, take it as is or find a seller on THIS side of the ocean.   All you can do now is wait.  If it is for Christmas, fingers crossed.  If you have other Christmas shopping, buy closer to home, like Canada or the US.  And if your bells are not here as Dec 25th approaches and you need them, buy some at a store near you and ask about their return policy (just in case the China ones show up on Dec 24th). 

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

Yup, lesson learned I guess. I just think they should have declined the offer instead of assuming.
Message 24 of 26
latest reply

@anthony0373 wrote:
Yup, lesson learned I guess. I just think they should have declined the offer instead of assuming.

When buying from over there, those sellers NEVER pass up a chance to grab a sale.  Decline an offer?  Not in their vocabulary! LOL!  Most of them are drop-shipping anyway and the order comes out of some warehouse.  It isn't even handled by the seller, who can't offer a high-priced courier even if they wanted to.  And I'm not going to hose you down further by contemplating the odds that what you finally receive will resemble what you paid for, or if you can even use the cheap things when they arrive.   🙂   Just make a mental note of the local bike shop near your house.  You may be needing them soon.

Message 25 of 26
latest reply