Oh, Canada Post .....

Sticking it to us again - this time in terms of workload and hassle instead of $$$.

Just went to my local CP company outlet with my usual mix of Expedited and Small Packet parcels.
It seems that as of today Canada Post has a new method of handling Expedited (and Expresspost I think); no longer are we to use the 2-part stick-on expedited forms, the PO will now print an expedited sticker at time of sale with a tracking # on it. You get no receipt other than the cash register tape. The tracking # is printed on the cash register tape - but if you have a dozen parcels you have no way of knowing which is which!! I am now unable to provide my customers with an accurate tracking number, and if something goes missing, I have no way of identifying the right tracking # for an insurance claim.

These people have S**t for brains. I'm going to have no choice but to use the online service, with all its problems.

AAARGH!!
Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Oh, Canada Post .....

Don't you have to get the Manifest signed by a Canada Post employee? (i.e: You still need to stand in line for that at the Major outlets...)
Message 21 of 29
latest reply

Oh, Canada Post .....

Not with EST.

No manifest required.

Angelo
Message 22 of 29
latest reply

Oh, Canada Post .....

homeshoppinglink
Community Member
Hi there everyone,
What is EST?. I go to my post office every morning, they offered to let me to do the stamp thing so i could have the receipts, but it seemed like a waste of my time and theirs. My post office prints a receipt for every canadian expedited i have so i can attach them to my paper work. I really hate to waste the paper, is there any other shipping methods that would be comparable in price.
I also noticed someone mentioned getting an extra discount for being a powerseller. How do you get the discount, what do you need? I have a venture one card.
Thank you for any help you can give.
Have a great night!
Message 23 of 29
latest reply

Oh, Canada Post .....

homeshoppinglink, read:

http://forums.ebay.ca/thread.jsp?forum=44&thread=100017834

from beginning to end. It's an extremely comprehensive thread.
Message 24 of 29
latest reply

Oh, Canada Post .....

homeshoppinglink
Community Member
Thank you javax.swing it is very informative.
Have a great night!
Message 25 of 29
latest reply

Oh, Canada Post .....

i-cellstuff
Community Member
My canadapost outlet has postal codes with the tracking # on the receipt
Message 26 of 29
latest reply

Oh, Canada Post .....

Now that you're a powerseller i-cellstuff, read that link as well. Thank me later. 🙂
Message 27 of 29
latest reply

Oh, Canada Post .....

Electronic Shipping Tools

Angelo
Message 28 of 29
latest reply

Oh, Canada Post .....

EST - Online Version == No Manifest

EST - Desktop Version == Manifest Required

No biggie anyway. Its good for an audit trail, and I haven't had a lengthy wait in line yet at an official Canada Post outlet.

I love EST so far -- its really speeding up my packaging. I just hate how it "finalizes" a package, though, and if you want to change something, you have to void the package and create a whole new one by typing everything in again.

Gasp. User-friendly? Nope.

:)

John
Message 29 of 29
latest reply