PayPal Feedback and Suggestion Thread

amanda@paypal.com
Community Member
Hi All,

Please leave any suggestions and feedback you have regarding PayPal here.

Please note:

• Customer Service inquiries will not be answered on this thread because the thread is for feedback and suggestions only.

• Each post will not be responded to because there is not sufficient time to respond to do so. However, comments and suggestions placed on the thread will be read. All suggestions will be given consideration.

• Off topic posts will be deleted.

• Customer service inquiries that can be addressed in this forum will be moved to create a new thread.

The main purpose here is to get an idea of what buyers and sellers would like to see PayPal develop and how PayPal can improve to make things easier.

Best Regards,
Amanda
Message 1 of 177
latest reply
176 REPLIES 176

Re: PayPal Feedback and Suggestion Thread

crarabs1
Community Member
This is my COMPLAINT to!!!! if i sell us why not transfer to a US bank account that i have here in Canada!!!

WOW, these posted by AVTOUCH and cited below are exactly my thoughts.

"I REALLY want to hold USD in my account, but currently there is NO single way to transfer my paypal USD to my USD business acount at RBC. I know RBC Centura has true USD account, but that is for personal, not for business, thus I cannot use it!
I believe most canadian paypal sellers accept USD as the primay currency, so this is a big problem us the sellers!"

I have an account in USD and I receive payments in USD, I don't want to loose a penny on the exchange. It would be nice if PayPal will keep USD funds in USD and allow us, Canadians, to withdraw or transfer them in USD.
Message 161 of 177
latest reply

PayPal's seller protection is crap.

Why can't members feedback pages show how many disputes they have filed against buyers?
Message 162 of 177
latest reply

crarabs1
Community Member
That would be awesome if us sellers could report the buyers there are LOTS AND LOTS of EXCELLENT Buyers out there but there are some that push the limit. Some i feel if they don't want to pay for an item then dont bid.

And give us Canadians the proper exchange !!!
Message 163 of 177
latest reply

x-ultron-x
Community Member
Been looking around both sites (paypal/ebay)for a place to say just that! PROPER EXCHANGE... Christ!.... or at least have the same rate. The last 3 auctions I've won has had paypal asking for more money than e-bay. Right now e-bay has the Canadian dollar above the US, but paypal doesn't. Ridiculous.
Message 164 of 177
latest reply

bogart_cookie
Community Member
This is a complete waste of time guys, read the Newsweek Article, Paypal A.K.A Ebay are getting rid of Auctions as you know them and the little guy. They are just keeping you on here to make more money from you and using that cash to pave there way to bigger and better and your not invited or included. As soon as I get rid of my inventory I am out of here. They have sucked me in for the last time.
Message 165 of 177
latest reply

ronsgood
Community Member
WHEN A SELLER CLEARLY STATES "STANDARD DELIVERY" IN THEIR AD OR AUCTION AND AFTER EBAY ACCEPTS THE AD --AND IT SELLS AND GETS SHIPPED AS AGREED-----

WHY DOES EBAY / PAYPAL ASK FOR A TRACKING NUMBER ??????
Message 166 of 177
latest reply

bogart_cookie
Community Member
A reply would be nice.
Lower your fees, eBay is taking a double bite at the apple.
Allow sellers to not have eChecks shoved on them if they so choose.
Get rid of the beyond silly dspute system that does not work.
Protect the seller instead of only your self like you advertize.
Stop freezing accounts for unjust reasons, just because you are not regulated does mean you should screw people out of there money.
I could sit here all night doing this, unfortunitly.
Message 167 of 177
latest reply

dexmor
Community Member
"if i sell us why not transfer to a US bank account that i have here in Canada!"

$US Banks Accounts held in Canada, are not really US Bank Accounts. They are simply Canadian Bank Accounts which are denominated in US Funds. There is a vast difference.
Message 168 of 177
latest reply

dexmor
Community Member
"WHY DOES EBAY / PAYPAL ASK FOR A TRACKING NUMBER ?"

To force the seller to prove that he did in fact ship the item. Without requiring such proof, the level of fraud on eBay would be many fold what it now is.
Message 169 of 177
latest reply

Dexmor you really are missing the point.

Many shipments especially internationally can take up to 45 days to arrive and there is NO TRACKING AVAILABLE. Paypal's dispute resolution does not allow enough time for the package to be delivered and will not except a stamped receipt with the buyers address as proof that it was shipped.

I myself ran into the problem recently where a buyer in germany named beka-man purchased an item from me and paid for small parcel surface which can take between 4 - 6 weeks to arrive. Two weeks after shipment, he files a claim with paypal stating that he had not received the item. I explained both to the buyer and paypal that it takes between 4 to 6 weeks to arrive. Paypal's claim system would only except a tracking number which is not available. They sided with the buyer and refunded his money since they said they could not hold a claim open for the 4 to 6 weeks needed for the buyer to receive the item. Isn't that lovely!

The bottom line is that I am out the product and the shipping costs and was not able to leave negative feedback to the buyer because of ebays dumb new feedback rules. If another competing service comes around, I'll be switching faster than a blink of an eye.
Message 170 of 177
latest reply

pwcass
Community Member
I recently experienced such a verification and the next transaction after I jumped all of Paypal's hoops was that my bank account was used for payment - I did not authorize Paypal to do so. They have a credit card I prefer to pay with. I will be reporting this violation to my bank. I am thinking if Paypal does not reverse this policy then Paypal,ebay and myself are through.
Message 171 of 177
latest reply

@maritimeboy wrote:
Hi Amanda.....lady you must have some thick skin!
Taking the job of coming here to get blasted at...lol. I have been with PayPal almost since their inception and I can't wait till something better comes along.
The PayPal 5-7 days to transfer money from my bank is now 8 and my item is going back on sale and I have a black mark on my record for no payment....how do you justify that. My bank released the funds on the 9th.
Is paypal going to go to bat for me and clean up my record on EBay...NO, of course not...there is no money in it!

" I have been with PayPal almost since their inception and I can't wait till something better comes along."

I'm with you on that one 100%. Paypal has the market cornered and they know it. For now they can get away with their antics, but in time another better processor will come along. Maybe not this year or next year, but it will happen. Just as a company gains one customer at a time, they loose two in return, with bad business ethics. Many people feel this way about paypal.

Message 172 of 177
latest reply

Another thread resurrected from the grave.

Is it Easter already??

Message 173 of 177
latest reply

SCAM WARNING !!!

I got a scam  email on Aug10,2013. The guy ask my paypal email and notice me via PayPal Service Email that the payment has been made by paypal. But there are no new add on to my paypal account till now. Now I noticed the email is fake one.The Email sender will shows as SERVICE at INTL dot PAYPAL  , instead of the regular one SERVICE at INTL.PAYPAL dot COM

Message 174 of 177
latest reply

This open question by a paypal employee really seemed to backfire - I don't see anything flattering, only harsh and well deserved criticism. Reminds me of Bill Cosby's meme asking people to caption a photo.

Message 175 of 177
latest reply

This is a very old thread no longer monitored by PayPal

Message 176 of 177
latest reply

I have an issue with PayPal's bank-dipping when Sellers have enough funds in their PayPal accounts to cover all their expenses.  The Buyer paid, but PayPal wants to hold the money for 3 weeks.  They're kind enough to ALLOW me to ship it with the Buyer's money, they'll release that much.  

But, then, tell me that in 3 weeks the funds will be released.  And, at that same time, they will recoup the shipping cost FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT.  When I said, if you're releasing the payment in 3 weeks, the money for the shipping is then in my account, why would you take it from my bank?  They just don't answer you!  Because it makes too much sense, that's why!  😛

Furthermore, we are out two duplicate invoice payments from Ebay for almost $200, BECAUSE of this habit of bank-dipping that PayPal has developed in the last 6 months.  If they were not doing this, the theft wouldn't have occurred.  I call it theft, because I can prove I made 2 payments for the same thing in both October and November, yet they refuse to return the money.  I've had an entire team, including a certified public accountant look at it, and they all say, yes, PayPal took 2 payments for the same thing.  Yet, all PayPal says is, everyone is wrong, and they don't owe a thing!

My partner and I had to pull all our items offline, from 2 accounts and close a store, because we can't afford to do business like this, when all our profits are being taken by PayPal!   We sell children's items, we're lucky to make $5 profit sometimes.  Takes a lot to add up to $200.  😛  

We did business for years with Ebay with no probs until the bank-dipping started.  When that stops, we'll come back.  

Message 177 of 177
latest reply