PayPal and the CRA

So I see that PayPal has joined forces with the CRA to "assist" you in paying your income taxes through Payment Source a third party service provider.

If I was a cynical person I would question this agreement between PayPal and the CRA as a plumb given to PayPal for turning over Canadians PayPal account information to the CRA. I find it just a little to convenient that all of a sudden there is this ability available through PayPal to provide this "service" all for a nominal fee of 2.29%. 

I liked the old system better, Money Orders were harder to trace. LOL

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: PayPal and the CRA

@pinetreecottage   If as reported CP is so profitable, it should not be necessary to contantly increase postage. 

Loblaw's is profitable, but the price of milk and lettuce and canned soup keeps going up.

Because sometimes the business's costs go up.

We pay $1.469 a litre for gas here in Victoria BC. It's higher in Vancouver.

And Canada Post runs a lot of trucks, planes and boats. And hires more.

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/about-canada-revenue-agency-cra/pay-credit-card.htm...

Last updated June 28. I read it on PayPal while trying to log into my account, there was a page that auto loaded while I was trying to get somewhere useful.
Message 22 of 24
latest reply

Didn't Loblaw's get busted for price fixing?

*nods yes it did*

thinking

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 24 of 24
latest reply