PayPal money transfer PENDING - Why!

For the first time I filed a case with PayPal for an item not received after 6 weeks. (had to rush to meet the 45 day deadline!) One week later, in the absence of an answer from the seller, I escalated the case to a claim. Before yesterday I routinely withdrew some excess money from my account. Today I found out that said transfer was declared PENDING, with a note: Your account has open issues. Only option: click to resolve or check status. Status reads: Being reviewed by PayPal.
Question: Why am I prevented to withdraw MY hard earned money after filing a claim against a seller? Besides, the remaining balance is more that the value ($200) of the item not received!
Any advise of how long this may take? Is this PayPal's normal procedure?
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

katiusciav
Community Member
1-888-221-1161--Give them a call to find out-i find its the only way to get something done about it instead of emails...by the way, it all depends on who you get too...if you make a big enough stink, they MAY do something about it, although i'm unsure of this particular policy...good luck...
Kat
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
Mine always say PENDING for about 24 hours but I've never had one not go through.

Monique

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thanks katiusciav for the phone number. I was able to sort things out with PayPal. By mistake! - they flagged MY account with open issues, instead of the seller! Very efficient piss-off!!
Message 4 of 4
latest reply