Problems with paypal

qrtis
Community Member
I recently received a replacement paypal/debit card. I lost my old one. I had my ebay account setup to be paid from the old card. I tried to setup with new card but it has been rejected. Has anybody else had this problem? o know why this happens. Neither Paypal or Ebay has been any help.
thanx
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Problems with paypal

Call Paypal. I had some problems when I first got my card, but support was great and got it sorted out quickly. The info that came with your card should give you a phone number for support.
Ann
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Problems with paypal

mahsauction
Community Member
Check out this thread post #20

http://forums.ebay.ca/thread.jsp?forum=44&thread=100001640&message=100033729&q=paypal#100033729

I had the same problem when I initially setup my Ebay payments as well.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Problems with paypal

shooger
Community Member
Thanks mahsauction, I knew we had talked about that problem in the past, but couldn't remember where 🙂

It's annoying that PayPal and eBay can't fix this little Canadian glitch. I bet a lot of people have had their accounts suspended for "non-payment of fees" because of this.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Problems with paypal

mahsauction
Community Member
Here's the kicker. I tried three times to get it to work. It then flags Paypal's system to put a hold on my debit card. I can't do anything until I called them and verified these attempts. Then they unlocked the account, I tried one more time and it still didn't work so I called Paypal again. This time a lady mentioned a memo she got and voila it worked.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Problems with paypal

shooger
Community Member
qrtis (my workout partner and friend) got it working today, thanks to your help mahsauction. He's too lazy to come back in here and say so, leaving me to do it instead. 😛

Thanks mahsauction. Really weird fix, but a fix is a fix.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply