Problems with shipping price since changing to CAD

I'm in the process of changing all my listings over to CAD, and adjusting my shipping policies into CAD as well. The system is not charging the correct shipping amount that's in my listing (Charging $4.99 CAD when my shipping policy states $6.99 CAD, charging some listings $2.99 when it's supposed to be $3) I never had a problem with this when using USD, although in USD the shipping discounts never worked correctly so this isn't a surprise.

I'm not fond of losing a couple dollars per sale. ;-/

Anyone else have a similar issue? A fix?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Problems with shipping price since changing to CAD

The Relist and Sell Similar pages have some kinks. These are intermittent so they might be there today and gone tomorr.... oops there they are back again.

It is important when relisting any lot to review the completed listing for errors or changes. For example, I have had some double listings and even had pictures disappear.

The most annoying one is UPC numbers which are demanded on most categories nowadays, without a spot in the bulk listing tool to enter them.

It is even more important when money is involved.  Well, duh.

We are promised a new bulk relisting tool early next month. And we don't have to switch new listings until June 2.

But our current Store listings will be grandfathered until August;

BTW, I'm moving all the listings that can be shipped LetterPost/Light Packet to dotCOM, and most of those will continue to be Free Shipping to Canada and the USA.

But if the item is bulky enough to warrant using Parcel rates, which vary with dimensions, weight and destination, it is staying on dotCA where I can use Calculated Shipping.

In my opinion, the reason for choosing one site over the other should be shipping services not currency. Your buyer sees his own currency in Search, not the currency you list in.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@argenticspirit wrote:

I'm in the process of changing all my listings over to CAD, and adjusting my shipping policies into CAD as well. The system is not charging the correct shipping amount that's in my listing (Charging $4.99 CAD when my shipping policy states $6.99 CAD, charging some listings $2.99 when it's supposed to be $3) I never had a problem with this when using USD, although in USD the shipping discounts never worked correctly so this isn't a surprise.

I'm not fond of losing a couple dollars per sale. ;-/

Anyone else have a similar issue? A fix?

Are you using the eBay Business Policies system for Payments, Returns and Shipping? Working with Business policies can have issues from my experience. I list in CAD on eBay.ca so I do not have to convert.

How are you changing the listings over to CAD?

From what I see, the Shipping Policy has a currency selection box. The ebay Sell Your Item form has a currency selection box also when relisting using Sell Similar.

Did you make a fresh Shipping Policy with CAD to use when relisting? Then use Sell Similar (not Relist) to change the listing currency to CAD and then change to the Shipping Policy made in CAD$.

I also see that you are using shipping discount on the USD listings. All this seems to be complicated for the Business Policies system and Sell Your Item form to handle.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Yes, I've created a new shipping policy in CAD, and went through the listings where the error occurred to make sure it was set up correctly.

I've been changing the listings over to CAD manually as they sell/expire and changing to the new shipping policy.

I have the shipping discount set up on both the old USD policy and the new CAD one and it will work for one buyer and not the next.

Thankfully this error with under charging shipping has only happened a couple of times, so I'm only out a few $.

The shipping discount issue has been like this for several years.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

The problem is the listing shows everything to be correct, but when the item is purchased the shipping charge in the listing is not charged correctly - it's charging a different amount altogether. Sometimes it's charging $2.99 instead of the listed $3, but sometimes $4.99 instead of $6.99 for US shipping etc. Not every listing seems to be doing it either.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

There has to be a mistake in your business policies. The buyer is being charged $2.99 and $4.99 because many of your listings state that those are the shipping charges.i suspect that in at least one of your new business policies you entered the US dollar amount of $4.99 instead of the $C6.99 charge. In those listings where the US buyer is being charged 4.99, the international rate is $C6.99.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply