Programming free shipping

Our sales all come with either flat-rate shipping or "free". With flat-rate, the buyer only gets charged for shipping on one item; for further items there is no shipping cost.

When buyers pick only items with a shipping cost, the system correctly calculates the flat-rate shipping.

When buyers only buy one or more items with "free" shipping, the system correctly charges "0" for shipping.

However, when buyers buy items from both categories, the system adds a shipping cost.

Anyone know how to correctly program this?

Cheers
Bernie
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

wesycool
Community Member
Not sure what you really ask for but if you want to combine shipping, where the first item is flate rate and the rest is free shipping, you need to fix some setting in the shipping discount preference.

Here is what you should do:

1. In My eBay, click the "Preferences" link.

2. Click the “Show” link to the right of the "Combined Payments and Shipping Discounts" section.

3. Click the “Edit” link.

4. Make any changes for shipping discounts.

Hope this helps
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thanks wesycool,

That was done years ago. When someone buys multiple items, the system correctly calculates shipping.

The issue with the eBay system is that, when a buyer purchases an item with free shipping and adds items that have a shipping charge, the system charges shipping instead of choosing free shipping for the whole package.

I did phone support and the fellow admitted that it was a system limitation. I was hoping for a workaround but apparently there is none at present.

Cheers
Bernie
Message 3 of 3
latest reply