QUESTION ABOUT PAYPAL NON RECEIPT COMPLAINTS

Hi Everyone,

Something I read in a thread here sparked a thought in my head and I was hoping for some feedback from yall. I get my share of people filing non-receipt complaints with paypal and of course since I ship small packet to the US, I have no tracking info therefore I get screwed and have to refund the buyer.

On several occasions it was pretty obvious that some of the people I dealt with knew the system well and used it to get a freebie...what I was wondering was would it be a good idea to file a non-paying bidder after the fact on someone who has been refunded through one of these complaints?...Could I get in some sort of trouble for doing this?...It's frustrating as hell as a seller to have no say in the whole process of paypal complaints just because of no tracking info, at least this could be some sort of recourse...just wondering.

Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

funkywatch_com
Community Member
I do it most of the time. When the delay allows. You won't get in trouble for that but it won't give you your money back. However you may get a FVF refund, a small consolation.

Keep in mind though, that despite the cancellation of the transaction, both parties involved are still able to leave feedback for each other.

eric
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

If you have sent by small packet you do have some paperwork to prove the package was mailed. I would try emailing or faxing the copy to PayPal as proof of shipping BEFORE refunding the customer. You have a week-10 days to respond to the complaint so why not try all means before taking a hit and refunding for the item.....just a thought.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

wsboyd
Community Member
I've been down this road.
:-(

PayPay requires "Proof Of Delivery".
Proof of Mailing is no protection.
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZwsboyd
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Yes, customs forms aren't worth squat to paypal...you need tracking info...been through it many times. It's a losing battle for us Canadians shipping small packet to the US. But for my business at least, it doesn't happen all that often so I chalk it up to cost of doing business. But it would be fun to hit these guys with a non-paying bidder strike!!!...I'd only do it though if they show a history in their feedback of scamming in this manor...and I've had a few situations like that happen.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply