Question re Invoicing in Euro

For the first time ever I have a buyer in France who is concerned that she can't pay for a purchase in euro.  I have always offered both CDN and USD.  After recently reading a post by Pierre on the board that we can offer other currencies I added euro today.

I cannot change the currency using the Send Invoice on eBay.  Should I try sending the invoice through PayPal or how else can I handle this.  The buyer wants to check with her bank and if they say she should not proceed paying in USD then she wants to cancel the transaction.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

First step: open a balance in euro in your PayPal account

Second step: send a PayPal invoice in euro to your buyer

Third step: after receiving payment change the status of the order on eBay to "paid", post feedback and ship

Fourth step: at your convenience, convert those euros in your PayPal account into Cdn$ prior to withdrawing.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

First step: open a balance in euro in your PayPal account

Second step: send a PayPal invoice in euro to your buyer

Third step: after receiving payment change the status of the order on eBay to "paid", post feedback and ship

Fourth step: at your convenience, convert those euros in your PayPal account into Cdn$ prior to withdrawing.

Thanks Pierre.  You mentioned that I should open a 'balance' in euro.  Do I have to deposit money into it and why?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

You open a balance.  It will have zero euro

Why?  So you can receive "euro" payment.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

lol.

That is what I thought but I wasn't sure when you mentioned "balance". 

I sent the invoice to the buyer who paid instantly.  Thanks again for your help.  I am going to miss you and your always helpful advice when you retire in another week.  I hope you will stay around the board for awhile.  Woman Happy

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I thought you might want to read through this thread before shipping anything to western Europe (see my post #11 especially): http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Item-to-Austria-stuck-in-Customs-5-Days-Is-this-usual/m-p...

If you're sending anything to France of any value, you may want to consider using a tracked service and purchasing full insurance, even if it comes out of your own pocket (I didn't and I'm regretting it now).  Things are in such flux there at the moment.  I imagine that, besides more thorough checking of incoming parcels causing slowdowns, there will likely be a lot of backlog and disruption from transportation delays.  

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

I thought you might want to read through this thread before shipping anything to western Europe (see my post #11 especially): http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Item-to-Austria-stuck-in-Customs-5-Days-Is-this-usual/m-p...

If you're sending anything to France of any value, you may want to consider using a tracked service and purchasing full insurance, even if it comes out of your own pocket (I didn't and I'm regretting it now).  Things are in such flux there at the moment.  I imagine that, besides more thorough checking of incoming parcels causing slowdowns, there will likely be a lot of backlog and disruption from transportation delays.  

Thanks for the advice.  The purchase was less than $40 and would not be worth the cost of tracking and insurance.  I am willing to take the risk.

Good luck with the corset!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply