Repetitive questions from buyers

cherietales
Community Member
Hello. I am experiencing more and more that potential buyers e-mail with questions about shipping costs and combined shipping even though both of these are clearly addressed IN BOLD in my listings. When I ship I notify the buyer by e-mail, yet I still get questions asking where the parcel is.

Now I just sigh, answer the questions and get on with things. Any other suggestions?

Cherie.
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

whoscloset
Community Member

Now I just sigh, answer the questions and get on with things.

Sounds like you have it down!

I get tons of them too. I answer as pleasantly and professionally as possible. In a lot of instances, I think a lot of these people ask a silly question to test out the seller. Your response gives them an indication of the person they are going to be dealing with and can result in the sale.

Monique

Monique

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

grade_a_consignments
Community Member
Well I have started to say to those people, " That's a very good question. You will find a very good answer in the body of my ad..."

Ralph
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

jenzaka
Community Member
I also sigh and get on with it, but lately I have replied with "shipping costs for this item to (location) is ($x.xx) as stated in the auction ad.

This just draws their attention to the fact that if you actually READ the ad you might find your answers, yet it doesn't make me sound sarcastic.

Not that this really stops the questions from coming. If anything it helps the next potential seller this person may by from, but it makes me feel better 🙂

Joy

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

funkywatch_com
Community Member
If it's always the same question, maybe something isn't clear on the listing.

However, there are a lot of people than don't bother reading the listing and find it easier (for them) to just ask a question. (I get that too)

In that case, it could be a good idea to prepare a "canned reply" (kind of like what eBay and Paypal do) and just copy/paste it in the reply message. Make it easier on yourself.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply