Scap the feeback time limit!

Recently I got the shaft from a shady seller.

Ebay has a glitch when you purchase multiple items from the same person they get grouped together and no longer show up in you purchase history. Nor can you leave feedback.

Seller acknowledged he listed and sold a defective product but because I was late reporting he said he didn't have to do squat.

There is no good reason that one should not be able to leave feedback at anytime. If you sell a **bleep**ty product or conduct **bleep**ty bushiness on ebay you should be able to report this anytime. 

THERE SHOULD BE NO STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS FOR SHADY/FRAUDULENT SELLERS!

I've lost a lot of respect for ebay, there customer service is **bleep** and this policy is just plain stupid.

I would ask all ebay members to request a change to the feedback system, I can accept that i don't qualify for reimbursement but i should have the right to let others know just how shady a seller really is when they conduct themselves this way.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Paypal and eBay give a  45 day deadline for disputes and claims.

That's a month and a half.

Opening a claim within that period gives another 20 days for resolution.

Ebay has a glitch when you purchase multiple items from the same person they get grouped together and no longer show up in you purchase history. Nor can you leave feedback.

This is just not true.

You have up to 60 days from purchase to leave feedback.

Multiple sales of different items are separated in feedback. Multiple sales of the same item are not.

Credit cards have longer deadlines.

Call the 1-800 number on the credit card you really paid with (PP is just the mediator) and ask the customer service rep about a chargeback.

Have all transaction detalils, payments, dates, value, etc handy for her to process the refund.

Do NOT swear or get angry with her. She is allowed to hang up and refuse to proceed.

This is just not true.

Multiple sales of different items are separated in feedback. Multiple sales of the same item are not.

In addition, if the seller left you feedback, you can add a Response to it, indefinitely.

Like feedback, the most effective Responses are calm and factual.

Politely.-- Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Well today I am not good at cut and paste editing.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Maybe not your best cut and paste but a good reply, twice.....lol

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Well thanks for the reply however....

This is just not true.

........Do you perhaps work for eBay

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Paypal and eBay give a  45 day deadline for disputes and claims.

That's a month and a half.

Opening a claim within that period gives another 20 days for resolution.

This is just not true.

Credit cards have longer deadlines.

Call the 1-800 number on the credit card you really paid with (PP is just the mediator) and ask the customer service rep about a chargeback.

Have all transaction detalils, payments, dates, value, etc handy for her to process the refund.

Do NOT swear or get angry with her. She is allowed to hang up and refuse to proceed.

This is just not true.

In addition, if the seller left you feedback, you can add a Response to it, indefinitely.

Like feedback, the most effective Responses are calm and factual.

Politely.-- Captain Malcolm Reynolds

?Are you privy to the technical difficulties encountered on a daily basis at eBay.

Does this glitch apply to all grouped items? My guess is no, I am not psychic i do not know about all eBay transaction.But i do know it happens to some.

The day i started this thread i was on the phone with fleabay inquiring why the items i purchased are not listed in my purchase history. They admitted there was a glitch and that they had know about it for the last 8 days. Now....the fact that it still does not show up in my purchase history i guessing the problem still exists. and yes i know how to look for stuff in the archive option.

When it does not show up ow up in your  my eBay summary page or purchased history, just how do you expect to leave feedback?

on the magical link to the item that does not exist?

Most dirty retailers simply make a point of not leaving feedback, it shields them from future public exposure.

NOW back to the topic of the thread! scrapping the time limit on feedback. If a seller is honest and legit then they have nothing to fear by someone leaving feedback 61 days after purchasing an item. 

Calling your credit card company will no result in letting others know how **bleep**ty of and eBay merchant someone is!

My concern is letting others know about a dirty ass eBay merchant, selling **bleep**ty products and openly admitting do breaking eBay policy.

Feel free to call eBay and inquire as to what i have said, i stand by my post.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

If your purchase is over 60 days this won't work but if it happens again try going to your feedback page, scroll to the bottom and click on leave feedback. The transactions may come up.

If a seller is honest and legit then they have nothing to fear by someone leaving feedback 61 days after purchasing an item.

I doubt that you are going to get any sellers agreeing with you that there should not be a time limit although I'm sure that some buyers will. One problem is that not all buyers are equally honest or reasonable. Some may feel that the $5 widget they purchased in January should still be working in July and will tell the seller that if their money isn't refunded, they will leave a negative feedback.  Should a seller be responsible for the next few years for every item that they sell? I don't think so.

Perhaps there is a glitch right now but that isn't the norm. Sixty days should normally give the buyer enough time to leave feedback, why change it just because there is a small possibility that there may be another feedback glitch in the future.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply