Schedule start time, editing the time will be charged again?

finsun
Community Member

I have an item on schedule start time.

It has not started yet.

Before it starts, I want to edit it and change the scheduled time.

Will I need to pay the fee ($0.10) again?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

No, you, will not pay additional $.10.

You actually were not charged yet - the charge applies when the system starts the listing in accordance with time you have chosen.

You can also reschedule at no add'l cost or to release immediately and then anticipated charge of $.10 will not apply..

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

finsun
Community Member

thanks

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You can change the start time anytime you want before eBay launches it. Go to My eBay Scheduled Listings and there is a Reschedule option there. You do not have to edit the listing directly.

As for the 10 cent scheduling fee, you have not paid for it yet. It is only charged when the scheduled time comes around and eBay launches it.

A common trick used by eBay sellers is to use schedule to hold listings until they are ready to list the items. I will create a listing and schedule it 2 weeks into the future. It goes into my Scheduled listings and later when I want to launch it, I will edit it or bulk edit several I have waiting in the Scheduled Listings to start immediately saving the scheduled fees.  I prefer to launch my listings in the evening between 8 and 10 PM Pacific Time so I go and bulk edit the scheduled listings then since I am available to do this at that time.

You can also test listing in Schedule Listings to check how they look as well as check your shipping options to make sure they are working as planned. No one else can see these listings except you. If you find a problem, then you can revise the scheduled listing and correct it. So you can use the scheduled listings to allow you time to proofread your listings at a later time.

Using the schedule queue for holding partially completed listings is another use of the schedule queue.

You can use the Scheduled Listing View to keep rescheduling listings into the future to delay the start time. Some sellers will park listings there for days or weeks waiting for a free promo to be available.

Scheduling a listing can be used for other things that what it was originally designed for. It is a useful tool for online sellers working online.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply