Seller does not pick up returned shipment

Hi all,

I got a question regarding a return. I bought a road bike not so long ago, but later decided that it was overpriced and returned it (seller offered 14 days return policy). The seller, despite his policy, does not want to take the bike back. Ebay sided with him at first, but after a few calls to support, I got my money back from ebay. Now the bike is still at the post office, what should I do if the seller does not pick it up for the next few days and the bike gets return to sender (me)? 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Seller does not pick up returned shipment

@avidgymgoer wrote:

I got a question regarding a return. I bought a road bike not so long ago, but later decided that it was overpriced and returned it (seller offered 14 days return policy). The seller, despite his policy, does not want to take the bike back. Ebay sided with him at first, but after a few calls to support, I got my money back from ebay. Now the bike is still at the post office, what should I do if the seller does not pick it up for the next few days and the bike gets return to sender (me)? 

You did everything right.  You returned the item with tracking and so you got your money back.  If he does not claim the bike that will not permit him to claw back the funds yet again.  If he thinks this will be a possibility he will find he is mistaken.   Otherwise everyone would do it and no one would accept returns, just ignore the parcel and then get reimbursed.  It won't happen.  If you do get the bike back (remember he has about 2 weeks to claim it) then you get a free item and he's a fool.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Seller does not pick up returned shipment

@avidgymgoer wrote:

You did everything right.  You returned the item with tracking and so you got your money back.  If he does not claim the bike that will not permit him to claw back the funds yet again.  If he thinks this will be a possibility he will find he is mistaken.   Otherwise everyone would do it and no one would accept returns, just ignore the parcel and then get reimbursed.  It won't happen.  If you do get the bike back (remember he has about 2 weeks to claim it) then you get a free item and he's a fool.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply