Seller's refund failed.

Hi, I asked a seller for a refund before the item shipped. (they had the item under 8.5 and the shoe said in the description it was a size 6) it took them 6 days to put the refund through my PayPal account and now it has failed three days ago. I've contacted the seller however I haven't heard anything from them yet. What are some steps I can take just in case this goes south?
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Seller's refund failed.

You can open an Item Not Received or an Item Not As Described dispute.

I'd start with the INR. If it turns out they did ship, you can change the dispute.

With eBay you can Dispute for 30 days after the last estimated delivery date.

With Paypal (which seems to be where the problem rose) you have 180 days from payment.

PP hides its Resolution Centre at the top of your account page under Tools.

Ignore the suggestion that you Contact the Seller. You've already done that.

Escalate to a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove delivery,you will be refunded.

If the seller doesn't refund voluntarily, PP will and go after him for their money.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Seller's refund failed.

You can open an Item Not Received or an Item Not As Described dispute.

I'd start with the INR. If it turns out they did ship, you can change the dispute.

With eBay you can Dispute for 30 days after the last estimated delivery date.

With Paypal (which seems to be where the problem rose) you have 180 days from payment.

PP hides its Resolution Centre at the top of your account page under Tools.

Ignore the suggestion that you Contact the Seller. You've already done that.

Escalate to a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove delivery,you will be refunded.

If the seller doesn't refund voluntarily, PP will and go after him for their money.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Seller's refund failed.

The problem is I can't find the item on my purchase history. So do I go straight to PayPal then?
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Seller's refund failed.

Yes it will be in your Paypal history.

Use the PP transaction number.

Oh. Do you sensibly back your PP account with a credit card?

Have you looked at your card balance for the repayment?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Seller's refund failed.

Just a little clarificatio, it must be an Item not Received claim. Not as described would involve you shipping back an item never sent in the first place.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Seller's refund failed.

Talked to PayPal and opened a dispute. I thought it was something wrong on my end but nope. I guess (somehow) the seller spent my money and had insufficient funds in their account. So I'm going after them and getting my refund whether they like it or not. I've just been having **bleep** sellers for the last few weeks so I'm not happy about this at all and really don't care what the seller thinks of me.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply