Sellers Auctioning .

b5c5
Community Member

I don't think thats right when a seller puts something on auction & there's bids & then turns around & cancels the auction & decides to sell the item instead . ( Thats Crap ) !!!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Sellers Auctioning .

Are you sure the seller did this and it wasn't ebay.

Can you still access the auction or has it dissappeared.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Sellers Auctioning .

b5c5
Community Member

Its e-bay . And the seller still has the item posted as for sale .

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Sellers Auctioning .

Its happened to me before, but the seller found some problems with ad that his employee did. I sent message and seller advised it was being relisted in a couple days and he runs his ads for 6 or 7 days before end of bidding, actually won that one. lol. But in reality wasted a lot of my time as I have to do calculations on his sales so I don't burn my profits in the end. Just glad it doesn't happen very often.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Sellers Auctioning .

Since the seller has to pay listing fees on his auctions, it is foolish of him to cancel before the auction ends unless he has a strong reason.

If there are bids on an auction, the seller cannot revise it, so he has to cancel all bids (if he is wise he will contact each bidder with an apology and an explanation) before he can cancel, revise and relist. He loses his listing fee when he does this.

If eBay finds a problem with a listing(innocent double listing or outright fraud) they will end the listing and contact bidders. The listing fee is credited to the seller.

Some sellers are twitchy and do not realize that most bidding happens in the last few minutes of the auction. If there are not enough bids, or if the current high bid is lower than that seller wants, he may panic and cancel.

Some sellers do not realize they will be charged for the auction listing.

Some sellers do not realize that they only see the high bid and not the maximum bid. (I once won an auction by increasing my $200 maximum bid to $600 when a strong underbidder showed up late in the listing, pushing my high bid to $150. I still won at $400.)

The story is: Bid once, bid late, bid your maximum. If someone else beats you, he paid too much.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply