Selling Only Allowed In Canadian Funds On eBay.ca Starting June 1

Well it finally happened.  Just got a new message from eBay stating that Selling Will Only Be Allowed In Canadian Funds On eBay.ca Starting June 1.  Probably will end up listing on eBay.com from now on.

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Re: Selling Only Allowed In Canadian Funds On eBay.ca Starting June 1

Hi, just wondering about listings in my ebay store, the ones that are still in US Dollars. They are set up to renew automatically, will they just end because they are not in Canadian dollars? Thanks for any advice. Cliff

Message 41 of 47
latest reply

@pogocollectibles wrote:

Hi, just wondering about listings in my ebay store, the ones that are still in US Dollars. They are set up to renew automatically, will they just end because they are not in Canadian dollars? Thanks for any advice. Cliff

GTC listing in USD will run until August when they will no longer renew automatically. They will go into UnSold and then you can relist in CAD or migrate to eBay.com in USD. Be careful with items that have quantity and some sales. The listings will show the original quantity and not the quantity remaining most likely. Make sure you change the quantity before resisting or migrating.

Message 42 of 47
latest reply

Thank you very much.

Message 43 of 47
latest reply

Thank you very much.

@pocomocomputing wrote:

@pogocollectibles wrote:

GTC listing in USD will run until August when they will no longer renew automatically. They will go into UnSold and then you can relist in CAD or migrate to eBay.com in USD. Be careful with items that have quantity and some sales. The listings will show the original quantity and not the quantity remaining most likely. Make sure you change the quantity before resisting or migrating.

Thank you.

Message 44 of 47
latest reply

Can you explain to me how to do that? I have been selling a long time and am so frustrated.. is the .com login not the same as .ca? I am sorry if I am sounding vague but.. Maybe this will help: if I registered on .ca can I still sell on .com? Since the listing only in CA I have had at least a dozen NPB/cancels... mostly due to overseas and the cost of Canadapost shipping there ( i charge exact.. and do not over inflate) .. its most frustrating for a Grandma who sells for a few extra bucks 😞 my sales have plummeted. And unsure why

Nikki

Message 45 of 47
latest reply

This is also because you are a larger seller. I am not. And I am being hit hard.. it's quite frustrating.. and I do feel that the Cdn auctions are not high in the standings due to being a smaller seller.. so I don't know if your argument stands true IMO.

Ps. I was a so called "power seller" when the listing currency were force changed and since have gone down to maybe one sale every 3 weeks for the last couple months.. to me it seems to coincide with the currency change. 

Nikki

Message 46 of 47
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hey everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 47 of 47
latest reply