So, How Was Everyones sales this Christmas?

Surprisingly I can honestly say to my sales, not bad. Not bad at all. probably the best year since 2009. I stayed open over the holidays. Pretty much died off around the 14th, but it still remained some what active.

So far no complaints or returns. Knock on wood.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Good evening. I can say that my too, my sales were great, best year since 2009 also.

But a lot of persons have bidded and haven't paid for their items, such a waist of time and energy...

Cheers,

Youckoulele :-)))

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Now that I have a reasonable number of items back up, my sales are picking up nicely.

Most of my products are not 'giftable' so I see sales after Christmas when hobbyists go back to buying for themselves.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

My best month ever so far! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Did well here too although the really busy time seemed a bit shorter than previous years.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I have too agree with you. It seemed like it never really got started till the last week of November, then took off. I would say I had 3 great weeks.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Last year my Christmas ended on Dec 12th. This year I sold 150% more than last year. It slowed down between 21st and 27th. Today, I will pack the stuff until 4 AM. 

compare.jpg

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Sales were very good... in spite of:

(1) Newby  with zero feedback asked for a clarification on a listing.

Then he said he bought another book.....   but did not realize  he had bought the book for which he had asked  for clarification

Cancelled transaction... buyer request

(2) Buyer made a mistake thinking the item was a videotape... not a book ... Cancelled transaction... buyer request

(3) Buyer accidentally bought the item... using a mobile device....  Cancelled transaction... buyer request

(4) Newby Buyer,  FB = 0, asked if she could return the book if it is not what she wanted...   I sent  an explanation of the book's content and how it would be used... It was a field guide.

Buyer might think that if seller does not accept returns... then the seller  will make a refund and not ask for a return.

and finally...

(5) echeck payment did not progress to a final payment.

and in spite of the above sales were good....

Except for one cancelled transaction,   sales dropped to zero after December 24....

---------------------------------------------------------

There were several buyers with quick shipping... and in time for Christmas .....as per feedback left....

Message 8 of 8
latest reply