Social media

I was going to share my selling page to my social media like Facebook and twitter so more people can visit and buy. But eBay said I am not eligible for it because I am registered in outside of US. I am in Canada.  Is there anybody tried this way? in Canada? what other way can I linking my selling page to? how do you expose your selling? Anyone????

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Social media

There's no rule that says you can't link your store or listings FROM Facebook or some other site TO your ebay store or listings.

ebay just doesn't have an app to do it automatically through ebay, that's all.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

On each of your listings, you have 4 buttons that you can use to advertise one particular listing to Facebook, Twitter, etc. It works perfectly for me.... is that where you went?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@lady.stark wrote:

On each of your listings, you have 4 buttons that you can use to advertise one particular listing to Facebook, Twitter, etc. It works perfectly for me.... is that where you went?

I'm not exactly an IT wizard, so this question may seem ridiculous, but do you know if you need to have your own Facebook account in order to do this, or does the listing get posted up somewhere generic?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

You need your own Facebook account. 😉

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Does that work for you lady ?

Friendly Competitors back east have mentioned it has really made no difference in their sales.

Two also had their own websites which have just tanked in the last year after years of doing well. They don't seem to mind as they have made all their money back with large profits.

Probably has something to do with our demographic & selling category.

I imagine some categories do very well.

Interested to hear other opinions.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I've done it just once in the past, and I must admit it didn't bring any sale. But then again, my Facebook profile is set to "Friends only". I didn't know back then that I could make one message viewable "worldwide". I think I'll try it again and see what happens.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi all,

I don't know from personal experience since I don't belong to any social networking sites, but according to articles I have read on ecommerce bytes and a couple other places, virtually no sales result from facebook linked items, but apparently items put up on Pinterest do quite well. I have checked out Pinterest a few times while looking for pictures of particular items, it is very visual, so I am not surprise in would induce a "case of the covets" and send buyers off to make a purchase, it makes me want to.

Cheers!

Heather

Message 8 of 8
latest reply