Sold Auction Items Disappearing Trick

Here's a new one-
I wanted to review a few sold auction items from the last couple of days in My eBay Sold Items list, and they are gone. The only Sold Items showing are the Fixed Price Sold Items.... Weird? Anyone else experiencing this? ?:|

AXE
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I had once one order completely disappear from Selling Manager. Fortunately we download orders via API (similar methof to File Exchange) so I had it in my system, but it did not exist in SMP.

Check if you can see them in My Ebay. SMP has problems and often gets out of sync with eBay.
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I tried My eBay and SMP, still they are missing in action. (I can go into my Paypal account and see the transactions, but they are nowhere to be found on eBay).
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Update- my auction items are still MIA....anyone else having this problem?

AXE
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

I only have fixed price but nothing has gone missing so far. I don't trust the system anyway so I keep track of my actual items so that if this were to happen to me again (has years ago though) I would know because my count would be higher than the ebay count.

My problem this last week is PAYPAL payment emails not showing up, had about 3 so far. That confounds my process and leaves me open to missing the fact that the person paid.

Every day is a new adventure!
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Wow, you just can't trust a thing these days...I'm glad I don't do too many auction style listings, 'cause they are still not showing anywhere.

Cheers,
AXE
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Ok, I have a buyer like this now. Won 7 auctions, eBay is showing only one. He sent me item IDs of those auctions and he is a winning bidder all right. I can press "Send Information" from the Bid History but it always includes just that one auction.

Seems like some data loss at eBay.

I am not sure how to invoice this buyer.
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

This is becoming a pandemic.

Another buyer emailed me that I forgot to include two auctions in his combined invoice.

These are not showing in Selling Manager Pro, they are not showing in My Ebay and they are not found in Sold Items even if I search by auction id. If I enter that auction through it's ID, voila, it was truly purchased by this person.

I am still not sure how I am going to combine these. And I will be freaking out tomorrow.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

You really need to call eBay first thing Monday. Let us know what happens.
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

My problem seems to be averted. This is going to be some technical mumbo-jumbo, but those of you who have written their own eBay utilities and get similar issue may benefit:

I have noticed that vanished sales records were still downloaded into our database. We periodically query "GetSellerTransactions" API: http://developer.ebay.com/devzone/xml/docs/reference/ebay/GetSellerTransactions.html

It seems issue is with eBay front-end (website) but not the back-end (database).

I wrote a tool for combining directly through the back-end via "AddOrder" API: http://developer.ebay.com/devzone/xml/docs/reference/ebay/AddOrder.html

After the items were combined, the vanished ones showed up in My Ebay and Selling Manager and I can manipulate the combined invoice like they were never gone.
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Ann, I did not contact eBay, because ... first line of support would be clueless, so they escalate to second (third) level of technical support. By this the issue gets into the bugfix queue, however, we know that eBay platform is crashing and burning as it is and they have full hands of issues that affect millions rather than getting busy with those that affect thousands.

I posted this issue on US PS board and there was no reaction whatsoever, that means the issue may be pretty rare or pretty new. If it's rare, it will get low priority and may get fixed ... someday ... if

In the meantime I have things to ship, invoices to combine and company image to maintain.
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

not fixed, bump

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

dipmicro

You mean this is still a problem after an entire YEAR? Or is there a problem with dates on this thread?

Message 13 of 13
latest reply