Super Cheap Self Balancing Board

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231739653119

Just grabbed one, what do you guys think?

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

The seller in the listing has 9 negative feedback out of 20 in the past year. Negatives for selling fake capacity USB sticks. So I highly doubt the item you purchased will be of any quality and work if it even exists.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

I think that if something is too good to be true, it's unlikely to be true.  If I were you, I would ask the seller if they would cancel...but that's up to you.

Hopefully the seller won't send you anything..that would be better than receiving the item and having to send it back.

If you do get it and it is not as described, make sure that you file the claim with ebay within 30 days after the delivery estimate. They required that a seller pay for return shipping on a not as described item. In this case, a seller in China cannot print postage for a return from Canada but if the seller doesn't give you money for postage with delivery confirmation (which will be very very expensive) you can ask ebay 'to step in.'

Paypal requires a buyer to pay return shipping.

But again, I would save myself any future hassle and try to get the seller to cancel the sale now.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

If it looks like a duck... walks like a duck... quacks like a duck...

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

I'm surprised he still on E-Bay  selling with a 65.4 sellers rating.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Thanks for the advice guys.

I know all these balance boards are made by the same place in china so not worried about quality. 

It does seem sketchy, Im going to attempt to cancel if he doesn't ship the item within a few days. 

If it ships ill see if its the real deal and report back. 

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Hello 'bsavoie11',

<< . . .these balance boards are made by the same place in china so not worried about quality . . .

. . .  ill see if its the real deal and report back>>

Gosh, but it's good to see such unwavering optimism. Smiley Very Happy  And so it grieves me terribly to have to reveal what 

may be interpreted as the teeniest pinpoint to the balloon of your enthusiastic sanguinity.   

There is always a chance, however remote it may seem now, that the items on offer by this seller are factory 

rejects, or 'seconds', not to say that they may be entirely fake.  At least, that is what this seller's feedback comments 

would have us believe.  

If the item does not arrive, or it is not what was described in the listing, you will be able to seek compensation if 

you follow the guidelines set out by ebay:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

You are new, so this is an important link to know about.  If you cancel and get your money back, fine.  If you continue 

with the sale, fine.  Just make sure it arrives in good order.  If there is a problem, contact the seller.  If he is no help, 

or delays you with promises of willingness to help, open a claim and do not close it until you are satisfied.

But perhaps all us naysayers are just being spoil-sports.  After all, some of his buyers seem delighted with their items.

I hope you will be one of them.  

Best of luck. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

I know all these balance boards are made by the same place in china so not worried about quality. 

Oh dear.

Dearie dearie me.

Sweetie, in the first place there is no reason to believe that a seller with such a horrible feedback rating has ANY boards for sale.

He has quite likely cut a picture out of a magazine.

You send money.

He sends nothing.

You complain.

He tells you there was a holdup because China was on holiday for a week and please wait.

You wait and then complain again.

He promises a replacement.

He sends nothing.

The time for an eBay Dispute passes.

He keeps your money.

Or.

Look, yes, a lot of stuff is made in China.

But when it is made for a Western company, it is made to their standards and is only imported when it meets those standards.

The rest of the stuff is not made to those standards.

Like the nine buyers who complained that they bought 120 gB  thingies and got 64 GB thingies.

Counterfeit, misdescribed, and sometimes even dangerous-- like the known scandals of melamine in baby formula, exploding batteries, lead painted toys, etc.

You're young. You're young. When you're young you think you can change the world.--- Flanders and Swann

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Thanks for all the help.

Anyways I contacted the seller to ask when items would be shipped out.

"Dear bsavoie11,

Dear friend, Because we are on special activities. The order is too many. Your parcel is packaged well. Later we will ship the packages out. Please don't worry.

- johnn-dea"

Sounds like text book example of delay shipping until I cannot refund money.

What's the best way to about getting my money back?

I have been following his boards for sale and it looks like he sells a bunch in a day then relists the item. could he be ripping off 20 people a day? Why is eBay doing nothing?
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

" Why is eBay doing nothing? "

eBay is providing you through its feedback rating and forum how some buyers rated the seller for previous transactions.

It is up to each buyer (that is you) to decide to make a purchase or not based on the information provided.

Most buyers looking at that feedback and the comments by other buyers would have decided to hit the back button and look elsewhere.  Somehow, you decided to make your purchase and pay for it.

Now you have to wait until you can file a claim to get your money back.  That will take a while.

Two options:

- file a claim for non receipt at some reasonable time in the future.  That may work or not work depending if the seller can show that an item has been shipped.

- file a claim for "goods not as described" after you receive the item and realize it is lower quality than expected.  eBay/PayPal may require you return the item to China at your expense.

Make sure you fully understand the deadlines involved in making a claim and the procedure to follow.

The feedback system at eBay is not perfect but this is a perfect example when it should work warning potential buyers to avoid some sellers.  Unfortunately you decided to make the purchase despite the warnings.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

You must be a lot of fun at parties!

" Somehow, you decided to make your purchase and pay for it."

I knew the risk - took the chance knowing Ebay sides with the buyer in sketchy situations. 

I will file a claim if this guy doesn't come through.  

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Call me sweetie again and..

63419593.jpg

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

"Ebay sides with the buyer in sketchy situations. "

They do, most of the times, based on published policies.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Listing has been removed by Ebay.

Opened a "Did not recieve item" requests with the seller. I am unable to open a "Cancel Order" Request since eBay removed the listing.

Now hopefully the seller refunds - if he has not by Nov. 9th I can have ebay step in.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

I am unable to open a "Cancel Order" Request since eBay removed the listing.

The cancel order request is only available to the buyer for an hour or two after the purchase.

Since the listing is removed, you may be able to phone ebay and get an immediate refund. But that

can be painful and take a while. That's why it is easiest just to avoid listings that are more than

likely a scan.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

Thank you for the suggestions - I attempted to call Ebay to see if an immediate refund was possible, It was a no go. 

The Ebay employee on the phone assured me I would be refunded on Nov. 9th

Message 16 of 16
latest reply