These Canada Post eBay PowerSeller bags are cool...

Not quite sure what I'm going to do with them since they're not padded and I require padded mailers most of the time, but hey, they're cool. Maybe I'll put padded envelopes into the bags and mail them that way.

Also, I'm quite happy with the PowerSeller Canada Post discount...I think I ended up with a 20% cut off counter rates for within Canada which is superb.

Yay!
Message 1 of 88
latest reply
87 REPLIES 87

Oh a question might help...do you folks use the bags? If so, what for?
Message 2 of 88
latest reply

muminlaw
Community Member
Haven't used mine yet but we do a few trade shows every year -- I'm thinking of slapping a label with our name and logo on them and using them as shopping bags.

Glenda
Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 3 of 88
latest reply

scouttech-outfitters
Community Member
I just ordered mine today, in the picture they just looked like shipping label pouches....
Message 4 of 88
latest reply

scouttech-outfitters
Community Member
Hey Javex, did you already have a deal with Canada Post prior to inquiring about the powerseller canada post discounts?

I used to get the standard 7% off for venture one and automation discounts. My usual rep is on maternity leave and then lady that replaced her is extravagently rude! She increased my discount to a 12-14% which was unrelated to eBay Power Selling. When I inquired about the eBay discount to her she turned all cold and said that the 12-14% discount I was getting was probably better....
Message 5 of 88
latest reply

They're big plastic shipping bags. Priced well too.

I didn't have any arrangement with Canada Post before, only Venture One.
Message 6 of 88
latest reply

I'm using mine for softcover books. I wrap well with bubblewrap and ship in the PS flexipack.
This works out cheaper than buying padded bubble mailers.

Ann
Message 7 of 88
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
What are these bags you're talking about? How does one get them? I have an account with Canada Post but it's not an eBay PS one. Do you have a picture of them or a link to where I could see one? Please

Thanks,
Debbi
Message 8 of 88
latest reply

mahsauction
Community Member
What bags are you guys talking about? Where can I find out more details about them?
Message 9 of 88
latest reply

knarfdotca
Community Member
That would be great if we could get some more info. I was looking for some too.

The user formally known as Knarfdotca, Soon To be Valuepricedsoftware
Message 10 of 88
latest reply

shooger
Community Member
I ship everything in envelopes with a single stamp on each. I have no use for Canada Post except to purchase their stamps at the going rate. If there was some kind of discount on stamps, hell, I'd be right in there. But I ship perhaps one small packet a week, or less. No reason for me to sign up with them.
Message 11 of 88
latest reply

imagi.nation
Community Member
You have have an account with CP's Online Business Centre to get these free envelopes (they're not bags, they are 12" x 16" poly envelopes like you see given out by Purolator, FedEx, etc. but they're big enough to be used as bags if you really need stinky bags with no handles that badly). They're very good quality and keep contents almost better sealed than Tupperware, and have the eBay Power Seller logo on one side. Depending on what you ship you could give up buying bubble envelopes and get bubble wrap to use with these envelopes. You will also need a credit card to order these, even if your order totals $0.00

Go to canadapost.ca, click on "Go to Business" then on "On-line Business Centre". If you don't have an account you can apply for one from here.

Once logged into the OBC, click on "Order Products and Supplies" and do a Quick Search for "ebay". That should bring up the envelopes. You can also get a pack of 100 adhesive pouches that works well with these envelopes, and are also free, even though it says they cost $7.22 -- when you put them in your shopping cart the cost magically goes to $0.00 - too bad it doesn't work on everything in their store. Many of the labels -- Air Mail, Small Packet, Expedited, Fragile -- are also free.

Cheers,
Ernie.
Message 12 of 88
latest reply

muminlaw
Community Member
Thanks Ernie, I didn't know about the adhesive pouches - guess I'd better go back in and order them as well! Got my "bags" some time ago, but hadn't seen any mention of the pouches. Free's a good price - especially from Canada Post and I'm sure I'll find a use for them!

By the way, someone in another thread mentioned that you can log in to CP's OBC using your Venture One number - probably worth a try.

Glenda

PS {{{Another beautiful golf morning on the West Coast!}}}
Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 13 of 88
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
I got them. Thanks for making us aware of them. Much appreciated!

Debbi
Message 14 of 88
latest reply

I'm shipping out a whole bunch of parcels and these are great for putting smaller items in (like in my case cables or DVDs), sealing up the bag, them putting that in a box to mail...much neater. Oh the many uses of free stuff.
Message 15 of 88
latest reply

auctiondropnship
Community Member
Anyone have the Canada Post id # for this item
Auction Drop N Ship
Drop It, Sell It, Ship It

Canada's Ebay Drop Off Store
Message 16 of 88
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
Yep, it is item #802483. You can also do a search for eBay once you've logged into the OBC. That's how I found it. 🙂
Message 17 of 88
latest reply

shooger
Community Member
Sounds like a good way to overpackage something. And I bet they send you all this overpackaging in a nice overpackaged box. It costs them 10c to buy the overpackaging, and 10c to buy the overpackaging to put it in, a few bucks to ship it to each person who wants it, and $64,000 a year to pay someone to oversee it all. Canada Post fees go up, landfills get fuller, and 23 PowerSellers marvel at the cool plastic baggies.

No, I didn't get negged today. 🙂
Message 18 of 88
latest reply

I marvel at it because it is free stuff from Canada Post. Now if eBay did the same...PowerSeller listing incentives perhaps?
Message 19 of 88
latest reply

shoplineca
Community Member
javax.swing
eBay is giving stuff to US Power Sellers for Christmas. Business card holders and printed business cards.

They are also giving people who reach certain levels, coffee mugs, pens, certificates and other things like socks, T-shirts and more.

eBay Canada talked about it 1 1/2 years ago, but talk is cheap.

Lovely being third class Canadians isnt it?

Malcolm
Message 20 of 88
latest reply