Tracked Packet No Scanned

I shipped an items yesterday via Tracked packet to the US at the Postal outlet and it looks like they were never scanned.

Should I be concerned?

I shipped an item 10 minutes ago and the green line is already moving but on the items yesterday......... Nothing.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Ooops......... I actually shipped expedited because I wanted full insurance for this buyer................. She's Way Wonky!

Not signed for but expedited with $250 insurance but there is no scan.

Think I'm OK or should I cal someone?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Hi "i*m-still-here" --

Please see my post of the other day - I'm wondering if perhaps you're experiencing the same problem with labels not being able to be scanned.  I reported this to Kalvin (of the 'Pinks') yesterday, and he told me he was going to bring it up with a Canada Post rep who was scheduled to see him. 

Every time I take a Tracked Packet, Expedited or Xpresspost parcel to my local P.O., I wait to make sure the clerk scans in it.  She's been having to manually input many of the bar codes on labels (so far mostly Expedited) that I prepared through eBay/Paypal-PB/CP online labelling.  I'm trying to isolate whether the problem is at the Paypal/P-B end, or with Internet Explorer (I am running 10.0.9, which I believe is the latest version, so it's not an older version), and this problem has just come up in the past week.  Please see my earlier post on this issue:

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Problems-with-Paypal-shipping-labels-not-reading-Help-ple...

Although the "bad" bar codes are showing up on my eBay/CP online tracking, the parcels seem to be taking longer than usual (presumably because they have to be manually input).  Not a happy situation, as I've been concerned, like you, that one of my parcels will get missed or totally drop off the radar -- and I have a $300+ item in one of them, so I'm a bit worried.

If by tomorrow a.m. you don't see the tracking progress line moving on your TP items of yesterday, I'd urge you to contact Kalvin directly and let him know.  No one believes there is a problem until someone else reports it.

I am planning to use only Google Chrome browser to access eBay when I do up any labels for the next 2 weeks, and if any of them can't be scanned, then I know the problem must be a recent glitch with Paypal/P-B.  I've eliminated all the other possibilities (see my earlier post above).

Please keep us posted on this.  

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Thanks rose.............. I just called the PO.

Apparently it's being scanned and moving along OK when they track it, but when I do it shows that it hasn't even been accepted.

I actually rarely check these things and I have no idea why I checked this one.

I think because the buyer was so Wonky.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Just out of interest, what browser are you using?

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Safari.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Rose...........Thank You.  Good point!

On Firefox it's moving along as it should.

It had something to do with Safari.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@i*m-still-here wrote:

Rose...........Thank You.  Good point!

On Firefox it's moving along as it should.

It had something to do with Safari.

Actually, you may have just confirmed that the problem is, as I suspected, connected with Paypal/P-B suddenly not being compatible with certain browser(s).  Why is another question.  I've had absolutely no problem with any bar codes on any labels, ever, up until last week. 

I don't think the issue originates with Canada Post, because I used CP's 'ship-in-a-click' out of sheer desperation this week as an alternative, and there was absolutely no problem with scanning the bar code.

I would still appreciate it if you have the time to report your issue to Kalvin, i.e. that switching browsers made the tracking progress line visible.  It may help to identify what the problem really is.  

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Sure, I will Rose.

But......... Remember how long it took to fix the paypal shipping problem for expedited and how serious that problem was?

I wouldn't hold my breath on this one.............. won't even be on their radar for a few months...........Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 9
latest reply