Trouble contact Customer Service, constantly being hung up on

dansimcars
Community Member

I am having an issue with the shipping charges a seller wants and I have been trying to contact customer service for the past 50 minutes. Called 3 times and each time I'm being hung up. 1s two times it was right away (by the system maybe?) after the system said to hold and the 3rd time I was on hold for a good 5 minutes waiting for the next rep before it happened. I also tried choosing the Call Me option twice, waited for the call but nothing.

Is this normal? because to me it's absolutely ridiculous....

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

marnotom!
Community Member

Why not just discuss it here?  We're a pretty knowledgeable bunch.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Seller listed shipping charges as 5$ for the 1st item, 50 cents for additional items. I had 8 items total, clicked on request total from seller, seller gave me 15$ for shipping instead of 8.50. Contacted the seller said he thought he was shipping to Canada (not sure why cuz my primary address is my US one), explained the situation but seller said to contact CS in order to be able to choose the Request Total from Seller again. I also added two more items from the same seller (so now the total is 10, so it should be 9:50 total shipping), the Request Total from Seller option appeared but when tried to use it a little earlier I got a "we cannot process your request right now" error.

And so here I am...

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

As far as I know, customer service doesn't need to be involved for the seller to send a revised total, particularly if your address was correct in the first place.  Maybe there's another one of eBay's infamous glitches afoot.

Have you asked the seller what happens when he tries sending a revised invoice?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I did not ask that....this is my 1st ebay purchase since....2005ish. Seller just said they can't give me a new total, I have to select Request New Total from my cart.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Hmm.  I've had no experience with the cart so can't help you there, but somebody else probably will be able to weigh in on this on Monday.

Only thing I can suggest in the meantime is that you try using the cart on the .com site if you've been using the one on .ca, or vice versa.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

The address showing on the cart is the U.S. address right?  

The seller can't see what is in your cart until you pay or until you click on request invoice.  He should be able to send you a revised invoice for the first 8 by going to his sold items , changing the shipping total and then send you a new invoice...that's assuming that he is seeing your U.S. Address. 

But if you haven't been able to request total since you added the last 2 items, he can't include those two on the invoice.  I doubt if customer service  can do anything about that.   If I were the seller I would invoice you for the first batch with the correct shipping and wait for you to pay.  Then have you put the other 2 items in your cart and request total...hopefully it will work.  He can still ship the items together and charge you the discounted shipping.

Or, you can try this but it has to be on .ca, not on .com.    For the last two items, one at a time, click on buy it now and then commit to buy. You don't want to pay, but once you commit to buy, the seller will be able to see those items and hopefully invoice you for all 10 items at one time. 

If there is a simpler way, hopefully someone else will post it.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply