WAKE UP EBAY, STOP IGNORING US CANADIANS!

customcharmsonline
Community Member
I just did my year end and ebay got $10,000US out of me in fees between february 2004 and december 2004. The Us powersellers get business card holders, pens, coffee mugs and access to the powersellers area of the Ebay Store and me...I get JACK Shoot.

$10,000US!! I mean come on ebay!! Where the heck is MY business card holder and coffee mug?? All I get is powerseller phone support where most of the time they cant help me anyways! Like I have been trying to access Ebay's powerseller merchandise for about a year and still no one can get me past the eternal log-in-loop i get when trying to access it!!

WAKE UP EBAY, Im not even complaining about your fee increases (not like you'll listen anyways) I just want some help and things that work!!! (And a coffee mug or card holder LOL)

Why is it that on the US powerseller discussion board, ebay employees will occasionally comment on posts, however here, we get NOTHING!!!

I think I might have to take my $$$$ elsewhere soon, this is getting stupid!
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: WAKE UP EBAY, STOP IGNORING US CANADIANS!

rd1000
Community Member
I hear you can buy them on aBay now. X-) Sellers that are leaving over the latest price increases are putting the ebay merchandise up for auction.

Rob
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

shoplineca
Community Member
Actually I now prefer that the Pinks stay off our posts as many times they said things which caused more concern that resolve.

Or they would post suggestions of what we sould be selling as if we are all going to drop our product lines and suppliers and start selling automobiles or car parts.

Canadian Power sellers have always been treated 2nd class to the us power sellers but dont tell the us power Sellers that as tey also feel very jilted for the amount of business they flow through eBay and fees they pay.

Its all about money in their pockets. they are unlike any other supplier of service that I have ever seen, totally oblivious to their customer base and void of any desire to develop long-term relationships with them.

Malcolm

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

We get absolutely no respect! Last year i attended ebay live in hopes of getting affiliated with their ebay motor program in Canada, only to find out it's been discontinued! I communicated with the "manager" here back and forth prior to, but got no hints whatsoever.
i spent all the time and money of flying down, and the program has discontinued?
They did serve a very nice southern meal for PS though.
$10,000 in fees and you only want a mug (and a card holder)? Lol, you are not asking for much, are you.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

customcharmsonline
Community Member
LOL, there is no way iM GOING TO buy THESE THINGS!! lol UGH EBAY... I cant live with you and I cant live without you...I feel like I have battered wife syndrome.... Ebay beats me, and I stay around because I cant go anywhere else, they control all of my money!!
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

llee2
Community Member
Canadian Power sellers have always been treated 2nd class to the us power sellers

Correction: We treated 3rd class. UK Powersellers are apparently 2nd class because they at least got mugs.

Lincoln
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

lynxamania
Community Member
Well it seems that we may not even be a 3rd Class. To me it seems that eBay.ca might be at the bottom of the eBay universe. Just look at other ones and you'll know what I mean.

As an example, lets analyse eBay India (Baazee.com). eBay India has something called the "Super Seller". To actually reach Super Seller Status, its not even based on sales but based on feedback score! You need 20 Unique Feedbacks minimum, 10 new Feedbacks a month, at least 90% Positive Feedback rating and ongoing activity.

As a Super Seller, you get an S symbol beside your User ID, which is alot smaller then the Power Seller logo. You also get access to the "Buy it now" service and get this, PRIORITY featuring opportunities on the home page and category pages including first priority of Super Seller products/promotions in the Direct Mailers to eBay India users. There is also a Priority Hotline for Super Sellers Only, so any Super Seller can get that phone hotline support number regardless. From the looks of it what differences do we have with even eBay India? Nothing that major.

eBay India also has something called the Baazee Privilege Club. This club is like a VIP Member status in which sellers CAN provide the club members with special offers to only those within the club and it has other interesting benefits as well. eBay India seems also to be holding more seminars then we do in Canada, I might be wrong. eBay India also has Trading Assistant services. There website is very interesting and I love how they have the bottom layout in auction ads, which is sharp and html style compared to our text based look, which looks like crap (where it says shipping and return policy etc) go figure.

Anyhow regarding Fees, eBay India works much differently, they actually charge you Final Value Fees based on the Category your item is listed on which ranges from 1% to 10%. So instead of a fixed Final Value Fee, this one is variable.

Just my two cents.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

scouttech-outfitters
Community Member
Hmmmmmm....Its almost tempting to make a 2 hour move across the border and just sell from there!
Message 8 of 8
latest reply