WHAT EBAY IS NOT TELLING SELLERS!

I can't belive what eBay has done.
If you are a seller with below standard status, get ready for your account to be suspended with 3 months.
It is IMPOSSIBLE to get out of Below Standard status.

THIS IS WHAT EBAY IS NOT TELLLING YOU:
Once you are Below Standard, your accounts selling limits will be decreased by 25% each month, until the last month in which your account will be Suspended.
THIS SHOULD BE ILLEGAL!
Below Standard is reached when a seller has more than 0.3% of transactions with defects.
Because of this Ludicrous 0.3%, a seller cannot sell enough items within the selling limits eBay gives.
This is the first time in eBay history, thousands of sellers will have there account suspended within the next 4 months.

It tooke me 3 hours on the phone with eBay account Managment for them to finally tell me this.
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: WHAT EBAY IS NOT TELLING SELLERS!

eBay should first start by training its employees or atleast update them on any policy changes. I wouldn't be surprised if half the call center staff even knew .CA existed. 

I had my account wrongfully banned for 30 days for a duplicate listing violation in which they ran a full investigation and after 24 days I got a long e-mail from someone higher up in management (someone actually not from the Philippines) who re-instated my account and realized I in fact did NOT violate any policies. 

Here is the funny part... Everytime I do call eBay support the person tries to coach me on how to avoid "breaking the rules" again. The rules I never broke... 

Also in regards to the 3 month suspension im sure it probably states in somewhere on this mess of a site but it would be nice if it was more easier accessible to sellers. I for one, did not know of this rule until now.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

One other side note, I did have one thing to gain from this whole eBay wrongfully suspending my account ordeal.

It gave me the chance to try out amazon. Something I never considered until I was restricted from eBay.

Until this day I have nothing but positive results and words to say about making the move.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Defects is NOT an eBay idea or initiative. It was originally introduced by Motorola in 1986. It has since been adopted my many industries. The goal is Six Sigma with a defect rate of 3.4 parts per million.

Another way? Acceptable is .00034, not .3.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I honestly don't understand why eBay NEEDS to work so hard to "penalize" us as sellers in many ways.  I would think they would be grateful for us as they are getting huge bundle like millions or even maybe billions of $$$$ in final value fees from us monthly and yet they continue to work so hard to find ways to "penalize' us and for what??

As the so-called % it is way too low,  why not like 50% or 75%? 

The problem that is many of us don't use mail service with tracking numbers, then we are getting way too many "where is my item?: or "item not received" just because they are so impatient and don't wait for the mail system to do their jobs, then we get defects for that which is insane.

Now with US sellers are getting fantastic deals with E-Delcon via eBay Shipping since January 23, 2013 that they can get much cheaper mail services with tracking numbers even for lettermail, first class mail International, etc., much better at the post office and way much better than GSP (Global Shipping Program), all packages they sent to me have XpressPost stickers on and arrived here much faster than it would if they pay in the post office in person.  I wish Canada Post would have similar deals for us sellers!

I even scanned all front of packages with XpressPost stickers and the actual postage showne and plan to send them to Canada Post asking how come USPS with eBay can offer the US sellers that fantastic deasl such as E-Delcon and I plan to bug them harder to provide us the similar deals for Canadian sellers.  I look forward to making it a reality and believe me, I will not give up.

I believe that Canadian sellers should be able to get that deal and we can sell our items more and have our packages arrive US more faster or that buyers can check for tracking numbers and not give us any grief like asking where is my item or item not received any more.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Limit 0.3% is for defects closed without seller resolution. The number of defects for Below Standard is 5%, Top Rated 2%. IMO 5% is pretty lenient.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

5% may be generous but I hit below standards for the first time EVER when this new system got introduced which I got to above standard within 30 days but the reason for this 28 defect from US buyers opening cases to ask for tracking ... 31 dfects 3 legit the rest were all 100% opened from my US buyer just asking is there tracking...

I agree 5% is a good amount to play with but with such a flawed defect system maybe it's not ....

I think it makes me sad a little knowing I almost got suspended for something that had nothing to do with me or my selling or com skills as I tell all US buyers there is no tracking so they have no reason to even ask me again unless they don't read the messages sent ...

Anyways I think this system sucks but like everything I will weather the storm..... I just need 1-2 years to close up shop ...

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

brande, I agree this system that forces you to open INR dispute just to ask where is my item is totally flawed, I myself just use "Other" but noticed some sellers are proactive in informing the customer. Maybe you could send automatic email to every customer informing them there would be no tracking and no worries we have you covered, please do not open dispute to ask for tracking, etc. etc, you know regular copy&paste you already have to reply to those 31 that asked.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply