Watcher's

sunshine2426
Community Member
I get so many watcher's and never bids! It doesn't seem to matter at what time I list. Buyers watch an item and forget all about it.Since ebay introduced this feature I noticed sales have dropped. In my opinion biggest mistake they did for seller's 😞
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Watcher's

katiusciav
Community Member
sunshine-i'll have items with 20-30 watchers on it, and maybe 1-5 people ending up bidding on it. always. sometimes i'll have 7-10 watchers over and over with NO bids....i always know that 75% of my watchers are either competitors, people who know me who are just nosy, or buyers who just hymm and haw...then those who seriously want to bid, but are somewhere else when the item has ended. i sometimes include in my descriptions to not wait till the last minute to bid because of this. i have people email after an item as ended, and if its sold, what am i supposed to do then?
its kind of annoying. its like having a store, and hundreds of people walking through it, and no one buying anything. i'm sure business owners can attest to it, and to that same feeling of frustration...:-(
Kat
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Watcher's

orbitdrop.ont_01
Community Member
What I love about watchers is that as soon as someone places the first bid it's like releasing the lions on the peasants in a gladiator arena... blood, guts, violence, frenzy!

I like when bidders use ASQ to tell me about the current high bidder in an attempt to get me to cancel their bid. I hear some creative stories 🙂
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Watcher's

I spent a year buying on eBay before I decided to try selling. I watched auctions all the time and bought most of the things I watched unless the bidding went too high. I still have a roomful of stuff to prove it! lol
And I became very good at sniping!

I would love to have 20 to 30 watchers Kat. The most I have ever had is about 6 or 8.

Thank goodness for newbies because they are the ones buying the most from me right now and tend to be the ones that will bid things up. But unfortunately most of them haven't yet learned how to leave feedback !
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Watcher's

katiusciav
Community Member
i know judy...just on the good ones...but then again..imagine having that many watchers with only a couple of them bidding...!!!:O
Kat
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Watcher's

zawe123
Community Member
having watchers is not a good idea they usually are not the ones that buy or bid it should be taken off i think.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Watcher's

I still like having the Watchers. It gives me some idea of how many people are actually looking and are at least interested in buying. Lately it has been very few which is scary but at least I know what to expect. I find the more watchers I have the better I do.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Watcher's

engagingtreasures
Community Member
Watchers are a great way to enhance sales through an eBay store. Get a couple watchers on something in the store and then add a 5-10% discount and see what happens.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Watcher's

That is a great idea Orbit!! Like reeling in a fish once you get a bite (or 2)! :^O

I may give that a try!
Message 9 of 9
latest reply