We are Supporting Canadian eBay Sellers this Christmas

Every year my family and I pick a 'theme' to our Christmas buying... one year we did a 'second-hand' Christmas (not wanting to support cheap Chinese made 'pretty' looking things)... another we did an 'emotional touch' where there were notes with the gifts explaining a heart felt meaning behind them.

THIS YEAR: I will be doing all of my Christmas shopping EXCURSIVELY from Canadian Sellers.

I have an eBay store - and this year has seemed to hit all Canadian sellers hard (personally the Canada Post strike threats to strike nearly killed my hope of working from home on eBay -- and from reading the posts on the forum, I know that I was not alone).So to help other Canadian eBay sellers I figured there was no better way than to walk the talk to help out other sellers this coming Christmas season...

Who is with me???

Here is to shopping Canadian!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: We are Supporting Canadian eBay Sellers this Christmas

Very nice idea. I know what you mean about sales. I too have not recovered from the postal disaster this summer & closing of my store temporarily.  Your idea is great, just wish shipping across Canada was more economical!

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

For smaller items - it's not too bad -- especially if you can find a seller who has loads of items that you like, AND they are willing to combine shipping 🙂
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Absolutely !!!! I always buy from Canadian from grocery to furniture !!! I want to keep the jobs here in Canada.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I will second and 3rd that!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Sounds like a great idea.

It seems I have sold more to the US than Canada though and being buried in the listing from China. Ebay needs to fix this. If you select Canada only the products from China are still showing.

I am in the process of creating some Christmas items. Some personalized too.

A little late coming since I have been working on many projects.

Best of luck with your business.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Chinese item are still showing up!?? When it happens again keep the screen on and call eBay support -- I will be watching to ensure my items originate in Canada 🙂 Thanks for the heads up....
Message 7 of 7
latest reply