What is eBay doing??????

Hi again.  I just posted the problem I was having with a seller and eBay and now it is getting more ridiculous.  I just received a message from eBay since I asked them reopen the case in which they are not refunding my purchase of a wedding dress.  The dress was purchased back on April 10.  I had to wait until a few days back to even file against this seller even though I knew long ago they were a crook because eBay wants buyers  and sellers  to work together to resolve  problems even when one is a total crook.  How anyone is to resolve problems with sellers  who don't respond to messages to beyond me!  I had to wait over two months to file a item not resolved case before eBay would even step in.  eBay has now sent me a message expecting me to return the item I did receive (**bleep**py scarf)  and once  delivered will give the seller 6 days to respond before they will step in again and maybe just maybe I might receive a refund, or a partial refund depending on the situation.  The purchase history on this dress is so old that I can not  go through the steps that eBay is told me to do to even send the silly scarf back.  They mentioned going to purchase history and go through the steps of "return item"  Return  item doesn't even show anymore.  Just follow seller or  contact seller.   Why would eBay think that returning a cheap scarf to a crook in China is going to rectify anything?  Why should I go to all this trouble and have to wait so long for a refund when the seller is a total crook.  I just  don't understand what eBay is doing here.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

What is eBay doing??????

The dress was purchased back on April 10.  I

• I had to wait over two months to file a item not resolved case before eBay would even step in.return the item I did receive (**bleep**py scarf)  
  •  I had to wait until a few days back to even file against this seller
  • and once  delivered will give the seller 6 days to respond before they will step in again
  • and maybe just maybe I might receive a refund, or a partial refund depending on the situation.
  • Return  item doesn't even show anymore.

Ugh.

You should be able to find all the information you need in your Paypal payment.

Also PP allows you 180 days from Payment (not delivery) to open a Dispute.

However they also require you to return the unwanted item.

Ugh ugh ugh.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

What is eBay doing??????

You have my sympathies, BUT you need to STOP buying from Sellers in China.

Focus on Sellers in Canada, USA, U.K, Europe and Australia.

Avoid the rest and you will have a more positive eBay experience going forward. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

What is eBay doing??????

siramba
Community Member

Quote (silverpinups): 

You have my sympathies, BUT you need to STOP buying from Sellers in China.

Focus on Sellers in Canada, USA, U.K, Europe and Australia.

OH BS  NONSENS, that's what I started doing, and......the first order from Canada..... see below: 

I am waiting now **on June 27** for a small parcel (bubblewrap envelope) FROM QUEBEC....... since shipping on May 17th.

They kindly answered my question with "we are a Canadian company and ship from Canada", when I asked them if they shipped their item from China. 

Canada Post is a dysfunctional institution. Some tracking info for items in the past show that they are incapable of doing their jobs right,

including the mail carriers

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

What is eBay doing??????

What is your estimated delivery date? If it has passed, open an Item Not Received dispute. There's no need to get irate about mail carriers or anything else. Got your item? If the answer is 'no' open a case. Period.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply