What is your late shipment rate?

I am just wondering if I am the only one having issues with this ridiculous measurement.   At this rate, I'll be kicked off for sure or at least lose my TRS.  Perfect feedback, no defects, 5 stars, but rating me on the postal system delivery/delays is just plain wrong.  I want to know if anyone else feels this way and they have some late shipment transactions.  

My is 3.19% -- 3 of 94 transactions.

What is your late shipment rate?

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: What is your late shipment rate?

I have just learned that because the buyer opened up the case on PayPal instead of eBay...a glitch caused all of the items to be viewed as separate transactions. The CS rep could not remove the defects due to a policy violation.... (tracking does not show delivery and no case is open on eBay?) I was told that they would all "go away" after the Feb 20 evaluation.
Message 21 of 29
latest reply

I think your CSR may be confused. 

Perhaps it would be in your best interest to try again in the morning. Or raise it at the Board Hour with Raphael from ebay Canada at 1 pm EST. 

Message 22 of 29
latest reply

All of us sellers must continue to question ebay on this late shipment rate, especially on the weekly board hour.  I would say almost all my shipments from Dec 18 to Jan 10 were delayed.  There are a few that within Canada took over 3 weeks to get to their destination.   I have no control once it leaves my hands.  I sell CD's that mostly are under $10, so tracking is out of the question.  

What I have found that although I am in a large urban area, North Vancouver, most of my CD sales are to small communities where I assume they do not have any access to CD stores.  I know that this adds days on to the shipping.  If it was going from Vancouver to Toronto, it's faster than sending it to Armstrong Ontario.  

I have increased my handling time to 2 days.  (I ship the same day or next day) and have put the shipping as economy so it gives me a few more days.  I had to amend over 1,000 listings, I shouldn't have to do this.  

On the Canada Post website:

Delivery Standards at a Glance  to top of page

Delivery standards are estimates of how long it will take for the mail to be delivered. These delivery standards are not guaranteed.

Ebay you shouldn't rate a seller on the speed/or lack speed of the postal service.  Rate sellers only on what they can control. 

Message 23 of 29
latest reply

I think sellers stand a decent chance having the December-January defects removed due to the fact Canada Post had a public apology across the top of their pages stating shipments were delated due to higher-than-expected volumes. But it's up to each seller to make that call and cite that fact. It's difficult to provide evidence of a page that no longer exists so perhaps someone can suggest another way?

Message 24 of 29
latest reply

Of course, in hindsight, if we had been smart, we should have made a big stink about it en masse to ebay as soon as we saw it, this mea culpa, a bigger stink than we did, so that any buyer leaving feedback would have been warned not to expect their item 'on time' if it was shipped via Canada Post. With Small Packets Airmail, you can prove you used CPC if you printed that label with paypal shipping. With domestic lettermail, well, what else is there to use? Nothing but CPC. 

Message 25 of 29
latest reply

@hlmacdon wrote:

If your shipment had the initial scan within your stated handling time then they should be removing those defects. The purpose of having the initial scan within stated handling time be a metric was to avoid situations beyond the seller's control with respect to shipping.

If they haven't accounted for a situation where the package does not have a final delivery confirmation scan then this a huge glaring omission. A decent percentage of packages sent with tracking/delivery confirmation under the post expres program (tracked packet and usps edelcon) will not receive a final scan as cariers will miss scans and there are still areas of participating countries where scanners have not been deployed with all carriers. USPS has issued advisories on this in the past. Let us know how it works out for you.

This wasn't a shipping time defect, it's under the old/current defect system  so the defects are for inr's.

There is only supposed to be one defect per transaction but for the current defect system, it would only be considered as one transaction if all 28 items were ordered from the same listing. If they are all separate listings then they are considered separate transactions...it's silly.

Message 26 of 29
latest reply

Well music, we both tried on the board hours today. I don't really expect anything to really come out of it so I'll just have to get myself ready for losing my TRS in the near future. These late defects are hitting me much harder than having to refund a couple times for INRs. 

Message 27 of 29
latest reply

Hi Zee, yes, we gave it our best shot.  I still will be on the case until they put economy shipping for international as a choice on ebay.ca.  I feel bad for you that you might lose your TRS over this so quickly.  I'm in line too, just 2 more and I'll lose mine.  

Such a stupid measurement.

Message 28 of 29
latest reply

I have had 2  and buyer says they were asked if items had arrived within a time frame that is not even possible for the Postal system to deliver in.Had pos feedback for both transactions but late delivery dings even though they arrived in normal postal time.I always send very next day and have no control over the postal delivery.This is ridiculous

Message 29 of 29
latest reply