Why are there so many technical problems with Ebay's website recently?

Why are there so many technical problems with Ebay's website recently?

Page Views,

Broken links ie Find a member.

Delays when Listing.

Gallery pictures dissappearing when relisting with revisions.

And others.

It is frustrating,

Lewis

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Why are there so many technical problems with Ebay's website recently?

Why?

Quality of staff and lack of adequate training.

The management at eBay has used the same lame excuse for years: the site is very big and complicated!  Big Deal. You made it more complicated than need be.

Banks have websites much more complicated that eBay's yet you seldom see technical problems like those we experienced on eBay in the last few years.

And far from getting better, it is getting worse.

Every promotion lately (and there have been many) seem to have a billing glitch of some sort.

I really miss the "good old days" when Maynard Webb, president of eBay Technology at the time, had his #1 priority as: to identify bugs, test solutions and fix glitches as soon as possible.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Every time I go to 'print postage' from Ebay I get a broken link, for about the last 2 weeks.

Lewis

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

only company I know that uses a live site for testing

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

ontourage
Community Member

I hadn't noticed the site issues until yesterday, and can see they are piling on.

For me, I received an email notification yesterday that my account had been demoted from Above Standard to Below Standard effective immediately.  I logged into my Seller Dashboard, and it still shows my seller performance rating has been changed.  However, When I look at both the Last Evaluation, and the Daily Performance, I easily qualify for Above Standard Seller.

I called eBay last night, and after 30 minutes or trying to explain the issue, they finally seemed to get it, and escalated the issue to a supervisor, saying I'd get a call back the next day (today).  After not receiving a call back all day, I called again, and had to go through the whole process again.  This time I was informed that this was a glitch (and thank you for bringing it to our attention), and that they have reported for review and revision, and was given an incident report no.

What annoyed me most is that the CSR told me "don't worry, you are still Above Standard, this is just a glitch".  I had to explain that in being demoted, my listings were thrown to the back of the pile AND any payment received were being held for 21 days (not that that matters, because nothing is selling now that I am practically invisible).  I explained that this glitch was costing me 300-500 per day, as sales had been strong since mid November, to which she said, don't worry, we should have it sorted in 48-72 hours.

So, if you have noticed your sales fall off a cliff lately, perhaps check your seller dashboard closely to ensure your seller standing has not been effected.

What a joke.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply