Why does ebay insist on grading sellers for shipping time when it is out of their control after post

Why does ebay insist on grading sellers for shipping time when it is clearly out of their control once posted?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Why does ebay insist on grading sellers for shipping time when it is out of their control after post

Because it is in the sellers control. I have read far too many stories of sellers printing postage and mailing much later. Seller chooses the method of shipping, regardless of amount charged. I do a few things that I think help me.

I include a note explaining shipping times and USA Customs delays. That seems to help me.

Printing all my postage from PayPal shipping, with the buyer supposedly getting a confirmation email, has caused the "where's my widget" emails to stop.

Switching from small boxes to bubble mailers seems to have increased the speed at which my parcels move. A bubble mailer is easier to handle and stuff in a mailbox.

My shipping DSR runs 4.8-4.9 which I think is pretty good for 95% international.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I stopped putting notes in packages as I found it didn't help much.  Whether it helps or not, my listings attempt to setup and expectation for delivery time.  

I don't get a lot of questions of where something is.

Logo photo Logo.gif
Roblin's Garage - Classic Auto Salvage
Demorestville, ON / Scarborough, ON
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

"Why does ebay insist on grading sellers for shipping time"

Actually, eBay does not grade sellers, buyers do.

And yes, shipping time is relevant.  Too many sellers sit on the merchandise for days after receiving payment before shipping.  Buyers do have and should continue to have the right to grade these sellers accordingly.

Unfortunately, a few buyers - and they are very few - misunderstand the concept and rate sellers based on transit time.  We do not live in a perfect world.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply