Why is it we cannot rate buyers honestly?

We as sellers have no recourse to honestly rate buyers. With increase of rates in ebay and Canada post and the new rules set up to to not to protect buyers I am beginning to question staying here, When I report a buyer ebay responds that my standing will be returned and no penalities will be ledged against me. wrong!! they never correct that. they agree with you then do nothing about it.

I am finding it harder to communicate with them and finding them less than honest. Put it bluntly, they don't really care. The fact that I have no protection and they can remove money from my account when ever some one gripes and leaves me little or no recourse is just this side of plain crookery.

It is bad enough that it is expected of me to charge shipping costs as much or more than the price of the item but to have to deal with the costs of eBay now is , well, putting me out of business. They want me to charge anywhere from $18 to $25 to have tracking on a $5 item?  Otherwise too bad. Unreasonable feedback given and I loose my standing? I am given no recourse  in which to defend myself or to give honest feedback about buyer.

The only way I guess I can remain in business, without the 20% discount it is not worth it, is to ban the US. It is the buyers from the US that I have 99% of the problems with. Since I have little or no protection I feel this is my only recourse if I wish to remain selling here. has anyone else had the same problems as a small seller?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Why is it we cannot rate buyers honestly?

On a $100 sales the discount is worth at most $2, is this really the difference between staying in business and shutting down?

If it is then I think you have some work to do polishing your business plan.

eBay isn't forcing you to use tracking on a $5 item that is strictly your choice and not a very good one.

Being able to hand out negs to your buyers isn't going to make one iota of difference, what's done is done, hurling an insult might make you feel better but that's all it's going to do.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply