Your seller performance status is Below Standard

So all it takes is 5 Buyers to make a complaint and your eBay business is destroyed. 5 Buyers who obviously never took the time to read the descriptions and one of them who I swear had to be color blind. But just 5 Buyers. Of course it doesn't matter about all the happy customers who purchased the same items and many others. Their feedback is immaterial. You go from being a Power Seller to nothing because they limit what you can do and they smack a 21 day hold on your Paypal funds. Then they tell you to improve and you wonder what in the hell can you improve. Do they want you to trudge across the country to personally show each Buyer the product you are selling. So right now with no income because Paypal is holding it I can't even purchase the supplies I need. I can't add new products because they have me on-hold on that as well. I'll hang in for a couple of weeks and if they don't lift the holds on me I'm afraid I have no choice but to close shop. Thanks for showing me, a Seller, that you thrust me eBay. You know 5 Buyers is what you have let destroy my account.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Your seller performance status is Below Standard

e_knny
Community Member

perhaps it would help if you include actual pictures of the cases, instead of a mock up

good luck

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Actually, all but a couple of them turn out exactly as the pictures. A couple of the complainers i suspect were just causing trouble and some were just looking to see what else they could get for free. My first one wanted to keep the item he received, plus I had to send him another one and also refund his money. Another person said he sent back item for refund but I never did receive it. There were only two that actually sent back their items for a refund and I received them and refunded their money. Meantime, people have purchased same items and were very happy with them. What can you do?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

4 negs and 4 neutrals out of 100 feedback left is.......

TERRIBLE!

In fact that's one of the worst ratios I've ever seen, suggest you find a different business model

Oh yeah, how long do you think it will be before you get done for copyright violations?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I think the time to have dealt with the 'not like the photo' issue was when you received the 2nd negative or neutral from a buyer complaining about the same problem.  

You can still recover your seller status, but it's going to take focused effort and time.  Going to another site won't improve your customers' satisfaction if you don't change your selling practices.  And you'll likely run into similar seller status issues on other sites anyway.  For one thing, your photos need to show the actual item you're selling, from various angles, and maybe under artificial, as well as natural lighting, so buyers can get a better sense of the real colouring.  Your disclaimer re colours on monitors, etc. is a good idea, but needs to be more prominent I think. 

As 'recped' says, you may also run into issues with rights holders of brands, especially if you're sourcing your items from unlicensed manufacturers or dealers, and that will end your business. 

I'd suggest that you ask questions on this board of sellers who deal in items with visible brand logos or characters to get advice if you really want to continue selling those articles here.  There may be a difference between selling something with, say, a recognizable movie character or team logo on it (like a T-shirt or back-pack, or whatever), and selling something that actually claims to be a "genuine" memorabilia article.  I don't know because I don't sell in those categories.  

These are just suggestions if you're interested in continuing to sell on eBay.  Sometimes the warnings eBay gives are actually useful wake-up calls to improve business practices and give sellers a chance to learn from mistakes.  It's your call. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I think that the complaint about the colors etc are not about the picture in the listing but about the graphics on the

actual product. If the OP is making their own 'custom' cell phone cases then that is definitely a copyright and/or trademark violation.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Every complaint is the same and it is the customer's fault? Hardly a winning business strategy.

8:100 is a scary high ratio in a short period of time.

What you are doing is not working. Change what you are doing.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 7
latest reply