Archive 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

eBay Restricting use of outdated Internet Security Protocol

Hi eBay Members, eBay has decided to restrict the use of outdated Internet Security Protocol, SSL 3.0, because we have determined that it does not meet our standards. As such, some Turbo Lister users could see some connectivity issues. For more infor...

Holiday Returns available in Turbo Lister

Hi Turbo Lister Users, The option to apply Holiday Returns in Turbo Lister is now available in the Beta version of the program. When deciding whether or not to be a Beta user, please keep in mind that the beta versions aren't free of bugs, nor are th...

HolidayReturns.jpg

Recent Issues w/Turbo Lister Sign In

Hi Turbo Lister Users, A recent Windows update has caused some programs, including Turbo Lister, to crash. To sign-in to Turbo Lister before the improved Windows update is released, please follow these steps: Open Internet Explorer Open the Tools men...

Paypal Screw ups

I know this is an eBay forum but i would certainly like to know if there is a good Paypal forum anywhere. Paypal doesn't seem to give a damn about their customers. Everytime they have an update on their site they screw something up. Since the beginni...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Promotional Fund for Powersellers

Hi, I just became a Powerseller and been offered by Ebay to invest $50.00 in a promotional fund. They will match the amount , which will entitle me to get a certain amount of keywords to use to advertise my products. Has anyone invested in this progr...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Discussion with eBay Canada Country Manager: Jan 13, 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM ET

Please join us on January 13 from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM ET for a general discussion and question and answer session with Jordan, the eBay Canada Country Manager. Jordan will be here on behalf of the eBay Canada team to answer any questions you have abou...

YET ANOTHER PayPal horror story...

Here is my story, just want to share it because hey, there is nothing I can do! I sold an item on auction to a guy in India on December 12. I receive his payment on December 19. The guy has a feedback rating of 1, but I don't check really, because I ...

I'm I doomed with Paypal?

Hi to everybody, Here is a situation. A customer paid for 4 items and I send it over to US by CP Expedited. Customer address is confirmed. Two months later customer claims, that nothing was ever received. Tracking shows that parcel was delivered. He ...

• 28 replies
  • 0 helpful

BUYER DEFRAUDED NEED HELP!!!!!

I made a purchase on Ebay of 860.00US from a seller with 29 positive feedback. We paid with a money order... Seller said that the item was shipped and provided a tracking #. Tried to track the package and it said that the # was invalid. Contacted the...

NEW PAYPAL CHARGE BACK SCAM

Here a newie. Winning bidder files a paypal claim as item not as describe. Paypal make judgement that bidder will return merchandise with tracking number then deduct seller paypal account for amount plus shipping. Sneaky bidder send item back COD to ...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

New CP Small Packet Prices for January 16, 2006

For those who use Canada Post's Small Packet shipping, here are the new prices effective Jan 16, 2006 - USA Small Packet Rates Surface <250g $4.65 250g-500g $6.65 500g-1kg $9.90 Air <250g $5.95 250g-500g $7.90 500g-1kg $12.25 INTERNATIONAL Small Pack...

• 18 replies
  • 0 helpful

"FROM CANADA" in search feature

Here is a copy of my letter to Bill Cobb. PLEASE send your own letter to him. This new feature is ruining our sales. We need great number of letters going to him to have any effect! Dear Mr Cobb, Ebay has done a very sad thing to all the Canadian sel...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Canadain Power Sellers : Read USA/Canada Shipping Guide : Save lots $$$

Canadain Power Sellers : Read USA/Canada Shipping Guide : Save lots $$$ Hi Folks: It would be always my pleasure share my experience and knowledge to other Power Sellers. The Guide is written and compiled under assisatance from export/import expret(a...

Thoughts and Suggestions for This Wingnut???

I just got a Neg from a lunatic bidder. This guy's feedback speaks for itself. He buys stuff, takes forever to pay and claims everyone is selling unauthorized whatevers. I think he's just PO'd cause I told him I don't want to deal with him. I didn't ...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

listing on eBay.com

Hello. I have always listed on eBay.ca. However, I list in U.S. dollars. Recently I opened an eBay store. Now my items in the store are listed in Canadian dollars. Not what I wanted. I contacted eBay customer support and their advice was to close my ...

What's the best alternative to PayPal

Many buyers cant use paypal because of the country they are in or because they don't have a credit card. I am looking for an alternative to PayPal for these buyers to use. I'm interested in what other sellers use considering global availablity, cost ...

Drop Shipping

Hi Everyone, I've been selling on ebay for about 8 months and I would like to take it to the next level, I've considered dropshipping but I'm a bit gun shy. I got sucked into what I think is a scam, signed up for a website and free dropshipping wareh...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

WHAT SHIPPING COMPANIES DOES EVERYONE USE?

I have been using Canada Post right from the start of my ebay career, and every year Canada Post rates go up which makes me raise my shipping costs to customers. I try to include my packing costs into shipping aswell...but there comes a point where i...

Sent an item to UK via Xpresspost, didn't arrive for a month

http://canadapost.ca EE082857490CA Almost a month, 5 days short >_< Buyer and I paid for express shipping, and it ended up being much later than it was supposed to be. It didn't even go through customs, why was it so late??? I made a file through Can...

SELLERS BEWARE PAYPAL FRAUD COMPANY !!

I just had a client from USA defraud us. Sent a t-shirt on the 21th of December and she filed a refund on the 24th through PAYPAL. Package was sent out SMALL PACKET AIR MAIL. Now I lost $46.00 US because I can not provide a tracking number. Tried to ...

Serious Suggestion to PayPal

Hi everyone! I thought I might share a possible suggestion to PayPal that has been bothering me for quite some time. I just cannot understand WHY owning an account with PayPal that accepts credit cards (Premier or Business) have to be charged the fee...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

10 Cent Day Only for Americans .. Why email me?

We just had a few weeks ago a 10 Cent day for auctions (which I haven't been credited for yet) and today (Nov 7) I received an e-mail in My Messages that eBay is having a 10 Cent Buy It Now day on Nov. 8. Well, after waiting till after midnight and t...

Non Paying Bidder

Hi, I just reported an item unpaid and ebay opened a dispute claim. Now we are waiting for that buyer to respond. My question is how long do I wait to relist the item, and will eBay notify me when it's okay to do so? I'd hate to relist the item and t...

Ask Seller a Question .....

We do get some doozies! Post your wierder ASQ's here for some light entertainment ....

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Year End and Canadian TAX

Its my 1st year and my 70% sales are US 10% ONtario and 20% rest Canadian and International.. need guidence for GST/PST, Rebate and filling 2005 Taxes... will appreciate any help

Repetitive questions from buyers

Hello. I am experiencing more and more that potential buyers e-mail with questions about shipping costs and combined shipping even though both of these are clearly addressed IN BOLD in my listings. When I ship I notify the buyer by e-mail, yet I stil...

New Paypal Discount Codes

A couple of new Paypal discount code coupons for you and your customers.... C-NOEL-eBay C11-GIFTGUIDE Both are good for 10% off eBay items paid through Paypal up to a maximum $25. Both expire Dec 18th. Codes cannot be consolidated. Each code can be u...

• 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

87 cents!

Ugh!:_| That's all I have to say on the matter....back to regularly scheduled programming. "What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915

• 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Need some Help....Please

I'm offering my buyers a 10% discount on their final bid for the Holiday season. My question is How do I make this change on my ebay invoice? I know if I'm increasing the amount that the buyer has to pay I type it into the Sellers Charges or Discount...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Could it have came a bit later?

We received our e-mail notification that Tues Dec 27/05 was to be 10 cent listing day. When did we receive the email? At 10.30 a.m. Tues Dec 27/05, being today. A full 10 and a half hours into the day the sale is to take place. My guess is that eBay ...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful
Unanswered Questions
No posts to display.