Archive 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

eBay Restricting use of outdated Internet Security Protocol

Hi eBay Members, eBay has decided to restrict the use of outdated Internet Security Protocol, SSL 3.0, because we have determined that it does not meet our standards. As such, some Turbo Lister users could see some connectivity issues. For more infor...

Holiday Returns available in Turbo Lister

Hi Turbo Lister Users, The option to apply Holiday Returns in Turbo Lister is now available in the Beta version of the program. When deciding whether or not to be a Beta user, please keep in mind that the beta versions aren't free of bugs, nor are th...

HolidayReturns.jpg

Recent Issues w/Turbo Lister Sign In

Hi Turbo Lister Users, A recent Windows update has caused some programs, including Turbo Lister, to crash. To sign-in to Turbo Lister before the improved Windows update is released, please follow these steps: Open Internet Explorer Open the Tools men...

Best time/day?

is there a "Best" time and day to end an auction?

Well, I got my first neg...

What really upsets me is that I don't think I deserved it. Item was shipped super fast and I never heard back from the buyer (newbie)... Last week as part of my routine cleanup, I sent an email to all my buyers that didn't left feedback, reminding th...

Live near the American Boarder give up on CP ship the items yourself through USPS saving 30% to 50%

Well the saving is huge , let me start of buy stating the following 1) items arrive in 5 days~ 2) items come with insurance and tracking w/ Priority Mail 3) You get free boxes all sizes and tubes ...order off www.USPS.gov site Friday will be my first...

PayPal Transfer Delay?

I withdrew a large sum from my PayPal account to my Cdn bank account on Mar 21 and it still has not appeared in my account. It usually shows up pretty quick and PayPal quotes 5 to 7 business days. Has this type of delay happened to anyone else? Shoul...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Interesting New Trick ~ But is it Allowed?

I've noticed a Canadain PowerSeller recently, who lists their very expensive items for auction at a low starting price ($1). No reserve, No Buy it Now. Listing fees therefore very low. Then they wait and watch. If it gets down to the last few minutes...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

PowerSeller e-mail support????

Does anyone have the actual e-mail address for PowerSeller support? As usual, the link on the PowerSeller page isn't working! Thanks, Monique

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Return / Repair policies

I'm in the process of creating a ME page with a well defined return / replacement / satisfaction policy. As a newbie, I'd like some input if possible and / or experiences. I mostly sell equipment, electronics, appliances, etc, and some collectibles. ...

?problems with new listing format

has anyone else had problems with the new listing format, When I enter my discription it is half way down the page and I cant move it up at ALLLL. I have tried the standard screen and the html view screen, now I buyers telling me they cant see the di...

Security on the Net

I know this is a pain and I am getting fed up with all the potential rip offs. How many times have we heard that people can be followed all over the net. If that is a little true maybe ebay should start going after the rip off artists. How many peopl...

• 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

Is it OK to do a listing like this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4003494885&category=306 I'm not asking because I want to report them. I am asking because if it is OK I will do somthing similar. Thanks Michael

How many non-paying bidders to you have?

I have noticed a large uptick in non-paying bidders recently. In total, I think 4-5% of my buyers are non-paying.Is this the general average? I would love to hear from other sellers as well as eBay staffers with some statistics on this issue. Thanks.

Are the links on this auction against eBay rules?

I think they are, I reported them to ebay a few days ago.... but nothing happened (I wonder if they care) I don't think it's fair that some people is allowed what seems to me a big offence. we should all paly by the same rules check the auction and j...

I Know When A Buyer is going to be a Problem

A couple of weeks ago someone bid on one of my auctions and won. The item had 25 bids and he bid 11/25 times to reach my reserve. He sent the same email to me twice prior to the auction ending asking the difference between an intermediate violin and ...

Info on eBay Stores

Hi everybody, I'm considering establishing an eBay store as opposed to the many individual listings and fees I deal with each week but I don't have much information on their fee structure and the process of establishing a store. Does anybody have a l...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Solution to New-user abuses?

Here's the situation now: Recently I had a new-user (chill061) who, over a 2 day period, had bid and won 8 or 10 items from different sellers and not paid for any of them. I was the third seller to send "chill061" an NPB alert, and eventually "chill0...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Smile for the Day

For all of us who feel only the deepest love and affection for the way computers have enhanced our lives, read on: At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated, "If GM had ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Does anyone here also sell on abebooks?

Hope this doesn't violate board policies. I checked and didn't see a problem. I am thinking of setting up a store on abebooks. I have a number of questions. If anyone has any experience with them can you please respond. Thanks Michael

I Always Love to Get in my CP Complaints

While not related to my eBay sales, I always like the opportunity to bring up the excellent service from CP (NOT!!!). In anticipation of taking a short break and heading off to Florida with the family, I placed a "Hold Mail" service with CP online an...

Do you have to have 10 feedback before selling with BuyItNow?

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=magicsales4u&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50 This seller is brand new, yet can sell using Buy It Now. If the rules has changed (it used to be 10 feedback or more) then anyone can ma...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Shipping to Australia - suggestions needed

I have a very large package to ship to Australia and need some suggestions for shipping. The package is 28 pounds and measures 22x21x15 inches. I have looked up the rate with Canada Post - almost $800 and the rate from FedEx is $480. What other optio...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

2 ?'s - Canada Customs & 'Accidental Bidders'

Hello everyone - I'm a new powerseller and have learned a lot, and gotten a lot of laughs out of the existing threads on this discussion board! I have two questions I wondered if anyone could help with. I sold a wallet to someone and she didn't like ...

How to reach 24/7 PowerSeller support?

The PowerSeller page has the following text from eBay. DEDICATED! Customer Service Bronze members, we provide you with dedicated 24/7 eSupport with quick, 'priority queue' customer response and service. I can't find a link or email address to the eBa...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

A New Book - "Ebay Hacks"

Here's an interesting sounding book published August 2003 found at: http://www.ebayhacks.com/exec/show/book . I wonder if anyone's read it and can offer a review? Click on "The Hacks" in the upper left corner and have a look at Chapter Four. Marty

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

ah Man !!! Neagtive today ...What a twit buyers

No contact from the buyer reguarding a problem. In fact it took her 2 weeks or more (I forget) to pay me . I now have to plead to have feedback removed and to work the situation out . Godd thing you can now have feedback removed . Just bugs me that t...

Article in today's Vancouver Sun

Interesting article on page B2 of the Vancouver Sun March 18th edition. Discusses Canadian's internet shopping habits and growth. This last year more than 784,000 used the internet for the first time to make a purchase compared to the year before.

Unanswered Questions
No posts to display.