cannot find seller

jchr3560
Community Member

I have just received a item I did not bid or purchase. The name on the package does not match any of the sellers names I am waiting items from. The name on the package is L. Hickmott

how do i trace this person to return this item and get the item I actually did buy.

I thank you in advance for your help.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

cannot find seller

reviewed details which state no returns

This is why sellers should never say "no returns". Not only does the Paypal policy trump the seller policy, but buyers often feel they have to go to a Paypal dispute instead of communicating with the seller.

In this case, this seems an obvious Not As Described case. The seller should, if she has any sense, be refunding both the original payment and the cost of returning the widget.

But if she is cooperative, this could still turn into a 5 Star transaction.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

cannot find seller

The address is correct but the name is wrong?

And you have checked with everyone in your household that they did not order the widget?

This is not really your responsibility.

Mark the rewrapped parcel RETURN TO SENDER and drop it into a mailbox.

Canada Post will return it eventually.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

cannot find seller

To whom is the package addressed?  You?  Have you opened it?  The item inside is something you did not order? 

That sounds to me like the seller got the packages mixed up, meaning someone else is opening your parcel right now with the same thoughts.  Have you ordered very many items?  Is there a packaging slip in with the item?

Out of the items you actually did order, are any of them from the same location?  When looking at a listing, Item location is over on the right under Other item info.  If you find a match, you could always use the Ask a question link just above it to inquire if the seller sends by that name.

When you paid for the item, you got a paypal receipt in your regular email.  That would include the real name and address of the sender.  It may be that another member of the household sent the package and the names will not match, but the addresses should.

I'm assuming you have opened the parcel to ascertain it is not the same as any of the items in your Purchase History.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

cannot find seller

jchr3560
Community Member

Found seller. Contacted Seller.. reviewed details which state no returns. However I am hoping to work with the seller since she has a 100% rating and the issue was her picking and shipping the wrong item. IF she does not work with me. I do not feel i would leave positive feedback. the item is not expensive however i bought the snuff bottle for the look.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

cannot find seller

reviewed details which state no returns

This is why sellers should never say "no returns". Not only does the Paypal policy trump the seller policy, but buyers often feel they have to go to a Paypal dispute instead of communicating with the seller.

In this case, this seems an obvious Not As Described case. The seller should, if she has any sense, be refunding both the original payment and the cost of returning the widget.

But if she is cooperative, this could still turn into a 5 Star transaction.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply