eBucks are back on ca!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I always say that eBay is insane in many ways and now they are insane for retiring the eBucks many years and now they bringing it back starting July 1.  They could have kept it the whole time!!

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

eBucks are back on ca!

I used to earn nice ebay buck discounts. When they ended that program, I ended my buying.

The new program won't get me back. I buy elsewhere now, everywhere elsewhere actually.

Now current buyers can earn some perks with their purchases. Any increase in volume from Canadian buyers would be welcomed by all sellers.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

eBucks are back on ca!

I am late for the bandwagon.. What is this mystical eBucks you are talking about?  I stopped buying on ebay since oh since I came back and look at the mess.  There is no perks especially for the things I want to buy on ebay.  Sellers are way over the top in asking price on computer tech. So way over that Homer would cry in his sleep. 

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

eBucks are back on ca!

Funny and fascinating how the human psyche works.  I'm the same way.  I earned a LOT of money via eBay Bucks.  My beefs with eBay are few and far between, but I'll always hold a grudge for ending that program.

Now that they're bringing it back I'm glad but mostly I just think about the $$$thousands$$$ that I would have earned had they never ended the program.

They're are loads of psych experiments examining that type of thing.  

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

eBucks are back on ca!

Of course they could have kept it the whole time. The shame in it all is that our American friends are charging so much to ship to Canada that it no longer makes sense to buy anything from Ebay.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

eBucks are back on ca!

I am glad to see it back & I agree it should never have been taken away. I felt like we were second class citizens when they took it away from eBay.ca. Never really understood their rational.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

eBucks are back on ca!

@katlover1952 wrote:

Never really understood their rational.

The money has to come from a pool of available marketing dollars. Sellers throw a fit when fees go up, and fees ultimately fund marketing dollars,. Those dollars were likely being put to use where the ROI is higher, ie in a larger market. It's great to see they have brought them back despite a lot of dollars being thrown at other things like coupons.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

eBucks are back on ca!

Not clear on how the eBay Bucks work.

Why are sellers (and this is the Sellers' Board) happy to see something that gives customers a discount?

Do we pay that discount, in lower prices for our stuff?

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

eBucks are back on ca!

I think the people that are happy about it are those that purchase frequently on eBay. You will now get a small percentage of your money back in the form of eBucks that can be spent on the site; many sellers buy shipping supplies and such on eBay, so it's nice to get a little something back.

In the past, on the US side of things, there have also occasionally been eBay Bucks promotions for sellers, where you get a small percentage of your sales back as eBay Bucks (with some other stipulations I'm sure). It's unclear whether or not we'll be getting similar offers here in Canada.
Message 9 of 18
latest reply

eBucks are back on ca!

They are trying to appease Canadians for all the shafting we have and are taking over the last few years.

It is not going to work!

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

eBucks are back on ca!

If any one cares, you only get them from purchase in Canada or the US.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

eBucks are back on ca!

I'm very suspicious of this program.  I didn't get the link for it although it was supposed to be there today.    Did anyone?

The US program and our old program gave eBay bucks for every purchase.

The blurb for this revived program says that we will be receiving emails for eBay Bucks promotional items.  Does that mean that promoted items will receive extra eBay Bucks for a limited time, or does it mean that only certain items will receive eBay bucks ever?

The former would be fine, but the latter is a waste of time and a worthless watered down version of USA eBay Bucks and IMO it would be way better never to relaunch the program at all.

Wouldn't want that in my face ever. (slap slap)

eBay?????

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

eBucks are back on ca!

@sylviebee wrote:
The blurb for this revived program says that we will be receiving emails for eBay Bucks promotional items. Does that mean that promoted items will receive extra eBay Bucks for a limited time, or does it mean that only certain items will receive eBay bucks ever?

The promos are an extra on top:

"From time to time, eBay may offer special promotions, including bonus offers and selling offers, that provide members with additional eBay Bucks or an additional earn percentage in addition to the base earn percentage (of 1%) for qualifying purchases during the promotion period."

Complete FAQ: http://pages.ebay.ca/ebay-bucks/#m17-tb2

Don't forget that you have to enroll in the program.
http://my.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?RewardsExtEnroll&CTASignup=false&ExtLanding=true

Then an eBay Bucks link will be added to your Buy section of My eBay

-..-

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

eBucks are back on ca!

we'll never know if this is an increase in marketing spend in Canada, just shifted from somewhere else or a decrease.  One of the cashback shopping sites recently reduced the payout for ebay, that probably means they reduced what they pay affiliates.   Maybe they'll take away the frequent coupons they've been having, especially in Canada.  US$15 off 75 twice the last week in June was better then the ebay bucks.    

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

eBucks are back on ca!

I got an email and it said since I was enrolled previously I didn't have to do anything, I was automatically enrolled. Very strange, since I have never been enrolled in this program before! However, I guess I'm enrolled now.🤔

Message 15 of 18
latest reply

eBucks are back on ca!

@vintagenorth wrote:

I got an email and it said since I was enrolled previously I didn't have to do anything, I was automatically enrolled. Very strange, since I have never been enrolled in this program before! However, I guess I'm enrolled now.🤔

I did get this message too on my buying account and on this one. But I was enrolled in the past, so...

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

eBucks are back on ca!

As many other Canadians have said here (and I found this forum while googling "ebay canada bucks disaster"): 1. Ebay, you need to FIRE the executive who discontinued ebay bucks for Canada. That person is clueless how human psychology works! 2. I stopped buying on ebay actively when they stopped the ebay bucks program in Canada (but not in the US! what, are we Canadians second class???) 3. Not going back now. Meanwhile I've switched my buying patterns elsewhere (hint: Amazon) - and my money is not coming back to ebay 4. BAD BAD BAD Decision to discontinue ebay bucks for Canadians, but not for Americans! Fire the person who approved it!
Message 17 of 18
latest reply

eBucks are back on ca!

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 18 of 18
latest reply