ebay live 08!

Anyone going to Chicago this year?

Did they raise the price to $75, i thought it used to be only $45.
Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

ebay live 08!

Nope
Message 2 of 23
latest reply

ebay live 08!

tea_past_times
Community Member
Only if we are allowed to throw rotten tomatoes.
Message 3 of 23
latest reply

ebay live 08!

Not going but I would say this is probably the most important one they have ever held. In the past these seemed like nothing more than a smoozefest. For sellers who want to be successful in the "new" eBay I think there will be a lot of valuable insights to be gained.

If it wasn't located in the USA I would be going for sure.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 23
latest reply

ebay live 08!

whoscloset
Community Member
If it wasn't located in the USA I would be going for sure.

Why not? Nefarious past? Won't they let you across the border? ]:);-)

Monique

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

ebay live 08!

all of the above...and more!

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 23
latest reply

ebay live 08!

whoscloset
Community Member
:^O

Monique

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

ebay live 08!

i guess no one is going so Ebay Canada is offering the registration for free now 🙂

anyone leaving from toronto?
Message 8 of 23
latest reply

ebay live 08!

tea_past_times
Community Member
I saw that they were offering free registration too, and a 25 dollars VISA gift card. Guess they are worried about being embarassed by all the empty convention chairs.

With more people in the room, most won't notice John Donahoe talking to himself(They hope).
Message 9 of 23
latest reply

ebay live 08!

tea_past_times
Community Member
But that's just for the first 200 Canadians(LOL) so hurry hurry, get a spot while you can. TEE HEE TEE HEE TEA HEE
Message 10 of 23
latest reply

ebay live 08!

Who has registered and where are you located?
Message 11 of 23
latest reply

ebay live 08!

ameroindustries
Community Member
Why would you want to go ?

For most ebay is just a little hobbie the whole trip would eat up whole profits made in the year .

Think its just a ego trip waste of time .
Message 12 of 23
latest reply

ebay live 08!

tea_past_times
Community Member
Has anyone here used the "FREE" registration for first 200 Canadians??
Message 13 of 23
latest reply

ebay live 08!

3jcc14
Community Member
Yes, I've registered - I'm in Dryden (in Ontario but the Central Time Zone part of Ontario) - between Winnipeg and Thunder Bay. I registered originally and paid in full then participated in the refund they offered so I re-registered for free and I got my refund back now too.
Message 14 of 23
latest reply

ebay live 08!

palms_and_pdas
Community Member
Why go so you can get more bad news and eat up your non existant profits from sales ????
Message 15 of 23
latest reply

ebay live 08!

i guess this event is not too "lively" with canadian powerseller, who can blame them?

but they won't have another one in 2 years.
Message 16 of 23
latest reply

ebay live 08!

i have my itineraries all planned out, was going to fly in Thursday morning, attended the Canadian meeting on Friday and come back in the afternoon.

All the sudden, receive this notice from ebay saying they changed the meeting to Thursday morning (1st day of conference)! Which means people have to fly in the night before and spend an extra night on hotel.

Not a good sign.

My plan is canceled for now 😞
Message 17 of 23
latest reply

ebay live 08!

*stealthtech*
Community Member
I went last year, had a fin time in Boston, got my $25 VISA card, used it towards gas to drive back home. I came back with all kinds of eBay swag and information. I did register for free this year, however, i am not attending. eBay needs to do it closer to Canada or even better, do it in Canada, our $$$ is better and eBay Canada is a big part of eBay, why not show they care and do one in Toronto?

Click to visit sell-ur-stuff.com
http://pages.ebay.ca/theme/mystoryarchive/sean.html

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

ebay live 08!

With the Canadian dollar so high, i don't think there's a chance they'd come to Canada now. Regular American tourists are disappearing faster than no payers.

With ebay's clout they should negotiate some super special deal with some country in the Caribean and host an International conference, that way at least we can get a vacation out of it if nothing else happened.

I went to one few years back in New Orlean. I went in with great expectation and came back with huge disappointment; they were going to launch ebay motor canada and promised turned into delay, and more delay; with numerous obstacles; nothing ever materialized and finally i gave up 😞
Message 19 of 23
latest reply

ebay live 08!

jakeeangel
Community Member
Please forgive me for laughing Sean but eBay Canada is NOT a big part of eBay. eBay Canada is a very small part of the bigger picture. UK & Germany are way bigger than Canada. I think even Australia is bigger than Canada but I'm not certain of that.

It'll NEVER in a million years be held in Canada. The majority of people that go to eBay Live are Americans. The entire thing is geared to Americans. Having it anywhere else makes no sense whatsoever. You'll not only not have people going to the convention you won't have any vendors for it either. They too are for US sellers. Some of whom don't even sell to Canadians. Why would they come here for a convention that's useless for them? USPS is a massive part of eBay & eBay Live. Do you really think they're going to come to Canada for any reason? Not bloody likely.

The very fact that the US dollar isn't strong is reason alone not to take it outside the US. That goes for conventioners as well as vendors. As it is with the economy & the lower dollar, they're getting fewer vendors. Companies aren't willing to spend the money and are being more selective about what conventions they go to. Travelling out of country with all they have to bring is a major hassle & expense.

Not going to happen & don't hold your breath. All you can possibly hope for is some sort of localized convention for Canadians with info geared directly to Canadian eBayers but I doubt that would happen either. They don't have the budget, San Jose probably wouldn't let it happen, there's probably not a lot of interest in it and then you'd get people B&Ming that Toronto isn't the centre of the universe & we won't come if it's held there.

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction!

When you find doing what's right hard to do - you've got a problem.
Message 20 of 23
latest reply