fake superman coins

I have reported sellers to ebay and the sellers are still selling, why? These coins are replicas as in the ebay rules for restricted items and yet sellers are still selling. Reported 5 days ago.

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

fake superman coins

What exactly is the infraction?

If there is an infraction in eBay's opinion (they often look at things differently than you and I may do), eBay will usually contact the seller and give him/her some time to correct the problem, depending how serious it is.

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

fake superman coins

seller is making it look like these are from the Canadian mint

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

fake superman coins

and this

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

fake superman coins

What is the listing number?   I cannot read the description from your link.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

fake superman coins

I read the description, twice, and I see no infraction to eBay's listing policies.

That fact you may have "assumed" it was a Canadian coil is just that: an assumption.  There is nothing in the listing leading to that conclusion.

Did you buy one?  Did you sell one?

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

fake superman coins

I own the coin from the mint and it has a different design on the face it has an outline around the queens portrait. Did you really read the description. says this is THIS IS FOR A 10$ SILVER SUPERMAN COIN UNCIRCULATED - THE PICTURE  SHOWN IS ACTUAL PICTURE

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

fake superman coins

I did read the description, twice.  I see no infraction.

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

fake superman coins

Its not silver its silver plated and it is not a 10 dollar coin

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

fake superman coins

It looks as if the mods have edited any information about the actual listing but I think that I did find it. The seller is in the U.S.? Or...maybe that isn't the one because I don't see anything about it being silver plated.

Are you saying that it is not a Canadian mint coin only because of the lack of frame around the queen or is there another reason? I am wondering if they came out with 2 versions as there are other sellers using stock pictures of that coin with no frame.

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

fake superman coins

eBay is littered with the Chinese counterfeits of the 2013 7 superman legal tender coins. They include 99.99 fine silver, a gold and a lenticular coin & stamp set. They were released sept 09/2013. Sellers buy sets of 6 coins from aliexpress, and then seller them here on eBay for upwards of $80.00. The Chinese silver plated coins come sometimes in a tin. There are many Royal Canadian Mint coins that are Chinese counterfeits on eBay. I and members of a coin forum have grown weiry of reporting these listings. In may ebay dismantled the coin community watch group. Who helped identify counterfeit coins and get listings pulled. Google Mike Marshall of Trenton Ontario and his battle against fake coins on eBay. He's been recognized for his work with the RCMP in getting large sellers of the counterfeit coins booted off of eBay in 2009. The is a huge problem that the royal Canadian mint chooses to ignore. These fakes are imported into Canada to be sold on eBay. The Venetian glass bug series is another set of coins that are counterfeit and sold on this site. I no longer have the time or energy to report all these fakes, including titanic coins. eBay will no longer pull these listings, as of May 09/2014. Reason it has disbanded it's panel of experts from the coin collecting community, who could verify from a photo a fake or Guiinine collector coin. This issue has many threads on a popular coin forum. I hope my post has provided, some clarification on the disheartening issue.

I have lurked on these boards since winter. I have learned a lot from the regulars, that has made me a better seller. I appreciate the time they take to respond to others. Pierre is a deep well of information and has my greatest respect !!

This issue greatly bothers me, and I could not read in silence !!!
Message 11 of 21
latest reply

fake superman coins

My apologies for not using more paragraphs to make reading easier. My thoughts were coming faster than I can text on my phone.
Message 12 of 21
latest reply

fake superman coins

I don't appreciate them selling replicas or fakes ir counterfeits...i sure as hell wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of a fake, even for two dollars or four dollars...i send them a private message, some take their fakes off, some don't, there oughta be a copyright law, considering that nclt coins are government property, at least until sold to a collector/consumer...china is flooding us with junk
Message 13 of 21
latest reply

fake superman coins

We hear you!
Message 14 of 21
latest reply

fake superman coins

I cannot see how this is ok . This listing said it's a copy and silver and gold plated. The rules of ebay should be enforced that no copies should be sold.

Well the biggest issue here is Counterfeit Money. The Canadian government can make money NO ONE Else Can **bleep**.

This is goto jail offence . Here i'm following the rules and well I guess if your outside of north America anything goes.  

Look up his items and REPORT TO EBAY.

Message 15 of 21
latest reply

fake superman coins

Ebay's rules do state that copy of coins are not allowed to be sold here. They also have the same rule for clad bullion yet both types of items are listed. For some of those items, it should be obvious to ebay that the items are illegal and/are not allowed so I don't understand why the bots aren't set up to watch for that sort of stuff.

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

fake superman coins

Just a update . This first dumb ass from France emailed me back and removed all the copied coins he was selling.

I have direct contact at the Royal Canadian mint and have provided him with all this info. As I search for more of these I find them all over the world.

This is not a ebay issue this is a police ( RCMP ) issue. They are counterfeiting the Best minted coins in the world. If they smear our name CANADA then the mint can just produce whatever as there is no pride anymore for quality.

I did some digging and found that some people have lost thousands in fake bullion and gold. Check utube.

For all of us searching for low priced good coins and come across this garbage we must report this to ebay and send email to the mint CustomerService.web@mint.ca.

More complaints more action.

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

fake superman coins

Just think . If someone has the real coins and decided to swap them for fakes.

They could get 3000$us no problem.

This is very concerning.

or they will start to copy COA and boxes ?

Crazy

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

fake superman coins

yeah, totally, i send the rcm every one i come across...i hate counterfeit canada coins, you're right it gives us and the mint a bad name. i appreciate the quality and i certainly wouldn't want to find a chinese fake in my rcm packaging, which is bound to happen, if it hasn't happened already.

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

fake superman coins

Not just superman coins... but, I guess since Ebay chooses do nothing which is contrary to making profits,  The RCMint does Nothing, the RCMP does nothing and MM has grown tired of it, and the coin forum has broken way too many rules and laws  by being overly pushy and heavy handed with the wrong people, we will have but one option left.

While I was still a member in said forum some time ago (I guess I was too honest and straight fwd) I proposed a letter writing campaign to everyone's  MP. Mail to MP's is free.  However, instead to support such a suggestion, certain forum members turned viciously against me. Here it is what I proposed:

If every collector who is seriously interested in combating fakes will write one letter to every sitting MP, Not just your own. it will get their attention. Now, if we all do the same once a week or once a month, that would definitely get their attention. Think about how many letters they would each receive? They would put a fast move to do something about fake coins. As a simple start,There is another easy part to this. 
everyone coming in to Canada via ship or plane must fill out a customs form. All it needs, is to add this question: Did you acquire any Canadian coins while out of Canada? But I guess that is way too easy, as collecting fees for extra booze and smokes is more profitable. If anyone would get caught with fakes at the border, apply a minimum fine of $ 100 for each fake.

Enough of that rant now…

Message 20 of 21
latest reply