how do I sign in as a guest

cc4919
Community Member

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

You cannot. As a guest, you don't have to sign in. Are you trying to track an order? 

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

Vivian is correct. I was thinking 'sign in' in the traditonal sense of having a user ID and password which is not the Guest Checkout experience. You have an Access Code. It's in the email confirmation of your order. 

Follow the instructions Vivian has given you.

Be certain you are logged out of this account you've used to post first, though, or you'll just get error messages.

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

yes i
want to track an order
Message 5 of 24
latest reply

Then you need to log out of the account you have created to post here, clear your browser history, restart your computer and go back to the email you received when you placed the order. It will have a link to click and instructions to follow. None of that will work, however, if you used the same email address to buy that as you did to create this account. If you did, change the email address that you used for this account to another, and start at the beginning. Basically, you need to go unencumbered to the original message in your email to track the order, as I understand it.
Message 6 of 24
latest reply

How do I login as a guest but I can't find where I do that, help!!!   

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

I believe answered your question elsewhere.
Message 8 of 24
latest reply

Most of the 'answers' given to this question are total rubbish!  95% of the time when I click on "View order details" in the email that was sent to me, I get a logon screen that DOES NOT HAVE a Guest User logon option.  I even tried a different browser - Microsoft instead of Firefox.  Whenever I do get a Guest User Login option and enter my guest user id and the access code given to me by ebay in my Guest Order confirmation email, I only then get a regular login screen which of course doesn't work. 

So, in my humble opinion, as of the week of 16 April 2017 the ebay Guest Login function is broken and does not work.

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

If you think these answers are insufficient, you should try calling ebay Customer Service. Help & Contact at the top and bottom of each page. Good luck,
Message 10 of 24
latest reply

Im looking to find whats going on with an order i did back in feb it says it should have been here but ive yet to recive it and keeps telling me to login in as guest
Message 11 of 24
latest reply

pangmunr_0
Community Member
I need to return an item but I cannot due to this stupid glitch. Fix it.
Message 12 of 24
latest reply

Try calling Customer Service. Perhaps they can walk-through the process by phone.
Message 13 of 24
latest reply

Its really a SHAME!!!!!...guests have such difficulty signing-in
Message 14 of 24
latest reply

If ebay cant find an answere 2 this most serious problem how r we 2 solve it?
Message 15 of 24
latest reply

If ebay cant find a solution 2 this most serious problem we guests r having.... how r we?
Message 16 of 24
latest reply

zacboshar0
Community Member

i have the same issue, i ordered as a guest because i couldnt remember my password at the time, now when i try to login as a guest it will not work. the access code just gives me an error because there is already an account tied to the same email address.

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

Try calling Customer Service. Perhaps they can walk-through the process by phone.
Message 18 of 24
latest reply

Call Customer Service. Perhaps they can walk you through the process by phone.
Message 19 of 24
latest reply

joey_007
Community Member

For the record, the functionality is genuinely broken on the canadian website right now. Yes, on ebay.com you have the option to login as a guest by clicking the link in the email and using your email/access code, but on the canadian website there is no option to log in as a guest. The only option offered is to login using an email/username + password. You cannot login with an email and guest access code here.

I suppose I'll have to call, because it's broken on the canadian site. And entering your guest login on ebay.com just redirects you to the canadian login page, which, again, doesn't have a guest login option.

Message 20 of 24
latest reply