how to set combine shipping HELP please

how can i get combine shipping

Exemple for my     Raspberry Framboise   item # 162086182005 

for U.s. shipping should be 2.65 $ for qte 1 if they buy 2 should charge 0.57 extra

if they buy other seed should be shipping nil zero but extra 0.57

for total shipping buyer should get 2.65 + 0.57 + 0.57  = 3.79 $

how do i fix that i am trying all king off test i am missing something     HELP please .....

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

o.k thanks to all of you

i think i have found the solution

for my canada seed it look ok I have test all them

for the U.S. and International I think I have fix it but ther no way for me to test

I would need a buyer from U.S. and International to test my ad and to see if there ok with a flat ship

+

small $ for total cost for the buyers .

Thanks to all you ...

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

That is a bug for which there is no way to fix. When you list multiples of something, and the buyer picks two, ebay expects they both ship for the same amount as one. To a point. If you have eight listed and the buyer picks enough of them and you have weight associated with Calculated shipping and it bumps into the next weight bracket for the service picked it will calculate that correctly. At least that is my experience with what you are describing. 

My workaround is to build some wiggle room into the Listing Price to cover these postage shortcomings. Or you could charge a modest handling fee. 

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

see exemple included as photo

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Actually, what I found with a random item of my first choosing is more worrisome than the problem you describe.

I put one in my cart, it charges postage. When I update the quantity to two, postage is free. Is this correct? I would have to suggest it doesn't make sense for you to do this on purpose.

Screen Shot 2016-08-05 at 11.04.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-08-05 at 11.04.53 AM.png

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Also, that's not what the listing says will happen.

Screen Shot 2016-08-05 at 11.08.09 AM.png

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Thanks for note your are right second is not Free thanks

it is my seed should be charged a flat exactly ( whithout sales tax ) as the sample photo i have attached

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

That I'm afraid I don't quite know how to address with you other than that the second of a similar item will almost always ship for no extra cost with the first. How do you have your combined postage rules set-up under your account preferences?

The other error I raised with you is a separate Shopping Cart problem. I created a new link to warn other sellers since there may be more than a few who over the weekend could find themselves scratching their heads about what went wrong with their order.

That link is this: http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Combined-postage-Shopping-Cart-glitch-showing-free-with-2...

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Did this listing combine correctly? It seemed to match the postage shown on the page. Maybe you forgot to check a box somewhere on the listing page for the item you mention that tells ebay to apply your combined shipping rules. 

Screen Shot 2016-08-05 at 11.43.20 AM.png

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Screen Shot 2016-08-05 at 11.46.49 AM.png

Isn't this correct? 

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Oh my your problem isn't with the USD to CAD conversion, is it?

You're listing in USD. It automatically converts to CAD in the cart where Cad is only shown as a number in italics.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@superlouca wrote:

how can i get combine shipping

Exemple for my     Raspberry Framboise   item # 162086182005 

for U.s. shipping should be 2.65 $ for qte 1 if they buy 2 should charge 0.57 extra

if they buy other seed should be shipping nil zero but extra 0.57

for total shipping buyer should get 2.65 + 0.57 + 0.57  = 3.79 $

how do i fix that i am trying all king off test i am missing something     HELP please .....

That listing looks as if it set up exactly like that right now.  It seems to work properly for dhipping yo Canada, is it not working for the u.s.?

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

That is a bug for which there is no way to fix. When you list multiples of something, and the buyer picks two, ebay expects they both ship for the same amount as one. To a point. If you have eight listed and the buyer picks enough of them and you have weight associated with Calculated shipping and it bumps into the next weight bracket for the service picked it will calculate that correctly. At least that is my experience with what you are describing. 

My workaround is to build some wiggle room into the Listing Price to cover these postage shortcomings. Or you could charge a modest handling fee. 

The example that the op gave was for flat rate shipping so it's easy enough to add on a separate cost for the 2nd item on the same listing. Calculated shipping does change for a second item if the weight makes the postage cost higher...I've seen it more than once. BUT the problem is when dimensional shipping kicks in because you had to change the box size.  There's no way for the calculator to know that the size of box you have in the info is not the box you will use if there is a 2nd item. 

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

On re-reading the OP's original message, I think this is about the CAD to USD conversion. The listings are in one currency that switches to another in the cart but the postage cost is always reflected in the original currency with site currency listed below. I think this is about the extra 50 cents that arose when the postage switched from CAD to USD. 

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

I mean USD to CAD. 

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

o.k thanks to all of you

i think i have found the solution

for my canada seed it look ok I have test all them

for the U.S. and International I think I have fix it but ther no way for me to test

I would need a buyer from U.S. and International to test my ad and to see if there ok with a flat ship

+

small $ for total cost for the buyers .

Thanks to all you ...

Message 15 of 15
latest reply