is anyone one else having issues with combine shipping

cba1
Community Member

We are having an issue with buyers not being able to request for combine shipping or getting the option to put items in a cart. Aer other seller experiencing this

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Yes, and with ebay online post fees. Invariable actual local postal costs are lower. And then there is the large lettering of FREE SHIPPING with out large lettering of , where fre shipping applies. Somewhat deceptive.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

If an item is listed on .ca, it cannot be put into a cart at the moment. In some categories and perhaps even on just specific sites, ebay requires that a buyer make immediate payment unless they put the item in a cart. So...without. a cart....

One international buyer buying on .com could not purchase a couple of my items that were listed on .ca without making immediate payment. Once they signed into .ca they could purchase them without paying right away and I could send them an invoice. Apparently that doesn't work all of the time.

Ebay reps have suggested at that some time in the future, ebay.ca will have a cart, however it is not certain if a buyer shopping on another site will be able to use it.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

It is all very frustrating... Why make the sites interchangeable if all the feature won't work on all the sites. Does not make any sense to me.  We have lost a lot of sales because of this. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I had a buyer from Australia say he couldn't pay for my item. I'm pretty sure that he knows what he's doing compared to the previous ditz I dealt with (ie she didn't bother to read any of the emails invoices so didn't know how to pay me, I ended up filing an unpaid) but he tried various sites and still could not pay for my item.

I checked, Australia is not on my list of excluded, I was able to choose International shipping when sending the invoice so I don't know what else to do to get paid. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

hy make the sites interchangeable if all the feature won't work on all the sites

Canada is unusual in that we can choose to list in Canadian or US dollars. But the currencies are not at par, so the invoices can't be set up to choose one currency.

The only other nation that can do this is, I think, Belgium, though the UK (pounds/euros) would make more sense.

You can set up your Paypal to pay in Canadian, and your seller will get the correct amount after foreign exchange.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Does the invoice have the actual shipping price on it?

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Combining does not work again today, many emails each day from people asking why they cannot purchase more than one item. Who would be accountable for this disruption in sales i wonder?

tough place to sell items lately, even the invoicing of our account has glitches and we were charged over 800 too much(it is being rectified after 30 plus hours on the phone) but yikes guys, throw us a bone maybe, eventually people lose faith.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply