leaving negative feedback before accepting cancellation

A reputed seller has deceived me and has now opened a case to accept the cancellation of bids own( Own and, paid then refunded blaming system and again opened case for non payment)

I don;t want buyer to go through What I have been into because of this seller so I want to warn buyers. Can I leave negative feedback before accepting his offer to cancel the purchase? Will he be in positiion to give negative feedback after accepting cancel item offer?

Please enlighten me on its repurcussion and implication to me and the seller? Some expert opinion or experience sharing will be highly appreciated

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If he opened a Mutual Cancellation, and refunded, you can agree, ignore or refuse the Cancellation.

Do nothing until you have your money back. Then, if you agree or ignore the MC, you will be released from the transaction and can leave appropriate feedback.

If you refuse the Cancellation, the seller is still required to ship to you. You can leave appropriate feedback.

He cannot open an Unpaid Item Dispute since you did pay, even if he refunds the money. For future reference, participants in UIDs , which are usually unhappy situations, are not allowed to leave feedback. If feedback had been left before settlement, eBay will remove it, negative or positive.

It is usually best to allow some time to pass and tempers to cool before leaving feedback.

And remember, the feedback you leave reflects on you as much as on the other party.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

rykkm
Community Member

First of all, sellers can no longer leave negative feedback. They can only leave positive or none at all. They can, however, respond to your feedback. In the case of a cancelled transaction, feedback is not available, and if you leave it before accepting cancellation, it may not show, as a cancelled transaction never happened.

Be factual if you leave feedback. Dont make accusations or use name calling. On the star rating, leave 1's, not 0's, if thats what you feel you must do. Leaving 0 does not affdct their dating, while leaving 1 does.

Good luck.

Cuppa Joe!

Rick
"Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity" - Frank Leahy
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

If he opened a Mutual Cancellation, and refunded, you can agree, ignore or refuse the Cancellation.

Do nothing until you have your money back. Then, if you agree or ignore the MC, you will be released from the transaction and can leave appropriate feedback.

If you refuse the Cancellation, the seller is still required to ship to you. You can leave appropriate feedback.

He cannot open an Unpaid Item Dispute since you did pay, even if he refunds the money. For future reference, participants in UIDs , which are usually unhappy situations, are not allowed to leave feedback. If feedback had been left before settlement, eBay will remove it, negative or positive.

It is usually best to allow some time to pass and tempers to cool before leaving feedback.

And remember, the feedback you leave reflects on you as much as on the other party.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thanks for all the tips
Message 4 of 4
latest reply