no access code in confirmation email.

I bought two items using a guest account back on November 28th. But in the confirmation e-mail there was no access code to enter into my guest account. I e-mailed both sellers I purchased from, one replied saying my package was being delayed (I just received it today), and the other said they had no record of my payment and asked if I could confirm I payed. I sent the second seller a screenshot of my receipt from PayPal with my guest account user name and have yet to receive word back from them. How can I access my guest account to request a refund, or upgrade it to an actual account? 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Since you paid through Paypal but did not receive your item, you should be using Paypal's strong Buyer Protection policy.

The PP Resolution Centre is on your account page at the left.

Open an Item Not Received dispute.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) he will be forced to refund you.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Hello 'sumca_kgo07', 

<< two items using a guest account back on November 28th. But in the confirmation e-mail there was no access code >>

What do you mean by an "access code to enter into your guest account"?  Access code?

Do you mean a tracking number?  A tracking number is that which shows you when the parcel has left the shipper, where it gets scanned along the way, and when it arrives.  

<<[seller] had no record of my payment and asked if I could confirm I payed. I sent the second seller a screenshot of my receipt from PayPal with my guest account user name>>

Do you mean your ebay guest account?  What happens when you go to the My eBay at the top of the page and click on the scroll-down menu to select  Purchase History

Are the items there?  Under the Orders bar where it says See orders from, can you find 2015?

Is this the user ID from which you purchased the items?

<<How can I access my guest account to request a refund, or upgrade it to an actual account? >>

If you paid from a paypal account the items will be in your Transaction history.  If you paid with a credit card directly at the ebay checkout, you will get a paypal receipt because paypal processes the funds but you actually paid with a credit card.  

If that is the case then neither ebay nor paypal will help you at this point, - you will have to go to your card issuer.

For that you will need to call the card company to inquire about a chargeback for goods not received.  If this is your option you call the 1-800 on the card statement which show the purchase, and also have in front of you the email with the seller, the paypal receipt, and copies of anything else related to the transaction.  

A paypal account and an ebay account are not the same thing so I find your post a bit confusing. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply